X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged B8 Build

Hello,
    Heres a little about the past..

I had a mk6 Golf that i turned into what i believe to be, "A show car" but it lacked one thing... Luxury. Ive been into euro cars since i was 12. and when i saw the mk4 r32 i was blown away. i knew that when i got a car, it would be a euro.

Heres a photo of my MK6....
    IMG_0072 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

IMG_5398 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

IMG_2003 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

Mod list on the golf*
    -WCI SA07 (17x9.5et15 /17x10et10)
    Golf R bumper
    Golf R interior swap
    APR quadpipe exhaust
    widened fenders
    blah blah blah...

The day i got my Audi a4 S-line prestige!
    Specs: Alcantara Interior, rear shades on the windows, MMI, the whole 9 yards... FULLY loaded

IMG_5374 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

IMG_5377 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

IMG_5375 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

Instantly i knew where this build was gonna go. I went performance first just because the golf was a N/A 5 cylinder and it was ass slow... soooo with a turbo, i knew i had to tune it..

After a few weeks, i got over being stock height, so i found a set of solowerks coilovers and slapped them on bessy.. I knew i was going air, but was waiting for holiday sales..
    IMG_3382 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

IMG_3377 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

And without further adue, i behold the first air out.

IMG_4298 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

IMG_3864 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

IMG_3856 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

While the B8 RS4 wheels were cool and all, the specs LACKED. 19x8.5et43??? weak...

So i got a set of some WCI MT-10s (at the time not racist) and it filled the fenders better than stock but not close to what i wanted.. (19x9.5et35)

IMG_4753 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr
    IMG_4867 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr
    IMG_4876 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr
    IMG_4912 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr
    IMG_5792 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

Not long after that, i found a set of Rotiform CCV in 19x10et35 and they did the job WAY better.. OH and i also paid 500 bucks for a stupid carbon fiber front lip... (DTM)

IMG_6074 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr
    IMG_6645 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

Ever since i got the car, the front bumper has been nothing short of a disappointment. the grilles being just a flat black and they don't go with the car.. sooooo i sourced a Carcatere front bumper that is currently in paint..

(Photo for explanation)

S4_Caractere13 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

Now, my favorite part of the car currently.
    When i had the golf, i dreamed of getting a set of Rotiform BLQ-Ts, but the price on them was way too painful to bare. UNTIL, one lonely november night, i stumbled across as set in the specs i wanted, for a GREAT deal..

And here they are... Rotiform BLQ-Ts in a 19x10et35. Polished lips, Light Silver faces.

IMG_8590 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr
    IMG_8486 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr
    IMG_8505 by Connor-Wyatt, on Flickr

I have more parts on the way. Ill keep you all updated.
    Last edited by Cwyatt; 01-08-2017, 01:29 PM.

any actual build things, other than a tune, wheels or air ride? looks great, just curious
    @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Originally posted by Dwob View Post
      any actual build things, other than a tune, wheels or air ride? looks great, just curious
      i have some things coming up. (engine wise, and trunk setup)... but for now no, I've only had the car for a few months

Comment

sick car man, your golf looks really nice, the audi will be no different

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
        Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

Great work so far, very tasteful choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Finally got my front bumper on. I'm very happy with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its been a while, So just a quick update.

Got rid of the Caractere bumper, sold the BLQ-Ts, Got some 3PC WCIs, Sold them and then got BBS RS triple stepped(built by VR wheels) and added a front lip, side skirt extensions, roof/trunk spoiler.

photo IMG_4536_zpsfs1n8sfp.jpg

photo IMG_4155_zps1ttz5thh.jpg

photo IMG_4594_zpsyafqbju5.jpg

photo IMG_4548_zpsv7zzb1tp.jpg

Comment

Oh boy! It looks absolutely awesome right now! Super clean! Love ti mate!

Comment

Looking good man, easily my favorite bagged B8, the RSs look so good.

Almost makes me want to get back into an Audi, I mocked up my new wheels on my parents B8 for giggles the other day and it got the wheels turning in my head (no pun intended lol)

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                  "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                  SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

That is clean!
                    Www.GrantMcDonnell.Com
                    @WeAreCerti

Comment

Damn, what made you go back to the stock front bumper?

Why the switch from the Rotiforms to BBS? IMO the Rotiform suited the car better (but I'm not a fan of stepped RS's)
                      Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                      www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

really like it on the new wheels the old bumper was great but nonetheless the stock bumper is nice too.
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Instagram: @Ryandnt

Comment

The BBS RS looks so good on that car.

Comment

Hey Guys,

The Rotiforms were great, However they needed to be rebuilt and re lipped. so i decided to sell them.
                            Bbs is MUCH higher quality than Rotiform from what i can tell. Rotiform is owned my some company that makes lots of replica wheels. they're popular because of their marketing.

As far as the old bumper. It did not flow with the car. Plus, it sat about 2.5/3 inches lower than the stock one. When i went from 19s to 18s, it would have hit the floor.
                            Simplicity is key to me, And id rather have a car sitting even in height all around, then have a "Need for speed" type bumper digging into the ground while the sides and rear are not.

Comment

Rebuilt and relipped? Were they bent, and not balancing correctly? Not questioning your decision, just trying to get a better understanding of the issues you had.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X