Aussie E34 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie E34 Touring

Picked up this touring quite cheap from someone who bought it out of an auction

It then sat in the garage for 7 months ended being a bit of a glorified shelf in the end

The Registration on my e30 was about to run out and I wanted to do another motor swap as the m42 just wasn't cutting it for me so out that came

A few more pictures of the two cars
    (the white 318is is my dads daily and the black coupe was mine at the time)

Bonus pics of three e30s and my mates miata

Started off with some very small details, cleaned up some interior panels, changed the cheap aftermarket clear indicators for amber

My eventual goals for the car are something similar to Sebastian Polidts

Added a link to his build thread for anyone who wants to check out a car thats actually
    finished

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=43427

Manual Swapped the car after dailying it for about 4 months don't have any pics but eh, improved the driving experience tenfold.

Gave the car some love and spent a few hours giving it a polish, definitely needs a cut and polish next time

Messed around trying on some wheels we had lying around, If the car had some low that wasn't caused by the rear self leveling leaking out then I would probably have run one of these sets of wheels

e39 style 66s not a huge fan personally

BMW Z8 wheels, also known as BMW style 52s, Have no Idea how a set of these ended up in Australia as I'm pretty sure there are no z8s down under

Just some random pics of the car

Keen to redo this pic ^^^^ once the car has some low and some wider wheels
    Had a lucky few weeks recently and managed to find a set of 17x8.5 Ac Schnitzers for a great price
    Then managed to pic up an mtech kit although the front bar is in serious need of repair

Couldn't help myself and test fitted the front bar anyway

Heres a comparison between the stock and the mtech bumper

Picking up some King Springs tomorrow to hopefully lower the front down enough for me to run the schnitzers.

Long term is to get the bumpers and skirts painted in and order some coils to actually slam the car
    Last edited by Beemo98; 01-05-2017, 10:06 AM.

This is a damn solid first post man haha,

in for more! Big fan of the e34, I'd say they're prettier than the e30s

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
      This is a damn solid first post man haha,

in for more! Big fan of the e34, I'd say they're prettier than the e30s
      Cheers Dude,
      Will update it again soon, I've got a set of 18x9 schnitzers on the way, gotta get the ride height sorted out a bit first though, King Springs didn't lower it enough for my liking

The more I drive the e34 the more I prefer its looks, my e30 is probably going to spend a long time in the garage haha

Comment

Picked up King Springs and fitted them and was pissed that they didn't lower it more
        heres a side on pic running the kings in the front, rear SLS at maximum low

had a set of e30 stock springs laying about and noticed they were the same diameter as the stock e34 springs so decided to remove the H&R 2.5 inch drop springs out of my e30

Heres a pic comparing the three springs
        left is stock e34
        middle e34 king springs
        right is the e30 H&R spring

Got the e30 springs fitted and was pretty stoked with the ride height, plus they are 6cyl e30 springs so the spring rate is stiff enough to run the e34's weight, just has a bit more low than it would in a 30

Picked up some staggered throwing stars for my dad, decided to test fit them

had a set of 19s laying around so decided I'd try them out as well
        They're BMW style 172s

19x8.5 et13

Bought a set of 18 inch schnitzers off some bloke down in Sydney so test fitted them, I think they look shite in Black so decided to keep running the 17s for now

my dad picked up a white touring for cheap locally that had some overheating issues

Fucked around with the SLS and broke something so had a nice lift kit going on for the night, luckily I was able to fix it with some parts off the white one,

Was gonna run Hella covers but love using my High-Beams too much so not for now, maybe at a later date

pic of my car with my girlfriends 318is

Decided to try the mtech bar on my car again now that it's lower to the ground, makes me keen AF to get it fixed and painted up

You know your car isn't low enough when it still clears curbs

And finally some pics of my car with an 840ci at a Cars and Coffee

Have a set of sports seats lined up that i'll hopefully get shipped up from Tasmania in the next few weeks.

Exhaust, coilovers and bodykit and then the car should be looking pretty mean.
        Last edited by Beemo98; 05-15-2017, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Nice touring man, I wish I had kept my Calypso E34 Touring. Sucks how the King Springs hardly lower it hey! I made the same mistake when I had mine.

Keep up the posts.

Comment

E34s are great cars man... Touring is coming along nicely! All the hest with the rest of the Build.

Comment

Love the E34, love BMW Touring models. Im in for more of this.

Comment

Been a while since I've done an update I've done an update.

Managed to get a set of BC's off a BMW Wreckers near me for an absolute steal, $550 AUD (thats 410 USD)

Got them on the car and lowered it as much as i could without rolling the guards, (although was scrubbing hard and damaged my passenger wing)

One pic out of heaps that i took on my DSLR that actually came out alright

Camera is a canon 600d, Lens is a Tokina 11-16MM F2.8

compared to a stock height touring

Got a puncture so had to run a throwing star that was lying around

pic of it tucking (front left wheel was jacked up)

cheeky carpark picture next to a clean e90

Thanks to me driving like a spastic i blew a hole in my rad, not too sure how, the waterpump was broken inside it's housing.
                I think i hit a bump and the waterpump snapped and sent the fan into the fan shroud

pics of the damage

what i could find of the fan shroud and my fan vs how it should look

waterpump pulley was fucked (it was a rubber/plastic one not metal)

dent put in my bonnet by the fan smacking it at 4000rpm

Got the car fixed up pretty quickly, had everything that i needed but a waterpump.

On to the exciting things !!!!!

Found a Pair of ac schnitzer racing type 2s for a fucking bargain

no curbing at all, tyres are in decent condition

specs are 18x8.5 et13

Took them round to a mates place to roll my guards a chuck them on

pic of my car tucking hard with a full load

SOOOO Stoked with how good they look.
                I couldn't help myself and had to chuck a pair on one side first

my mates mx83 Cressida lurking in the background (rip the cressy, blew its second headgasket in 2 months)

Still running them ATM as i don't wanna take them off. Got the pair on the front.

My Local 7/11 has the best lighting for photos

just a couple of snaps off my phone.

Decided fuck it, im gonna run the Mtech kit on it even if it's the wrong color
                (running 15mm spacers up front BTW)

haven't done anything to it in a while.

Bought an e30 coupe a few hours away from me for a couple of hundred dollars, with a months rego.
                Has a genuine mtech 1 wing on it that'll be going straight on my e30 coupe when i start working on it again.

Last edited by Beemo98; 05-15-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Dude this is coming together really well! Just keep it clean and tidy and it'll work perfectly.

Now get more stretch on those tires and space out the rears

You're really feeding my E34 itch that needs scratching...

Comment

Locks sick mate!
                    Static Dakar Yellow E36

Comment

Thanks Man!
                      Managed to get my hands on some mint condition m5 bumpers that will get painted when $$$ allows.
                      Car will be taking a bit of a break due to me ending up on a good behaviour license for speeding.

Comment

Working...
                      X