No announcement yet.

My 2010 Monaco Blue E90 335i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to go ahead and get a walnut blasting service aligned. Going to be getting it done in about 3 weeks and seizing that opportunity to install my intakes and chargepipe while it's apart. Cars got 88k on it now and I have no paperwork on a walnut blast in the past so I figured it'd be safe. I'm going to try to get the angel eyes installed this week and possibly start work on my trunk set up for the air.

Also working on finding a set of cheap 18s to rebuild and possibly run on this. Bazreias, LXZs, maybe Ordens or Waffes. If anyone has some leads on some 18" faces or wheels in need of restoration let me know.

Thanks again for the support everyone!!
    Bagged '01 325i Touring - Sold 😢
    Bagged '10 E90 335i - Build Thread

Comment

Well I didn't wake up planning to buy wheels yesterday but my girlfriend saw some wheels she liked, that just so happened to be on my top 3 most wanted sets of wheels and stuff kinda fell into place.. I found a set for a pretty great price and they're being built now.

Super pumped on these wheels!!! And I really need to get started on the bags, once these wheels show up I won't be able to wait any longer
      Will post updates asap!

Comment

gets some pics up...or are they a secret for now?

Comment

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
          gets some pics up...or are they a secret for now?
          Secret for now because they're being built and I don't really have any pics lol...
          However I will say the faces are going to be "forged charcoal" by prismatic powders. A matte grey color

Comment

cant wait...

Comment

Had an interview at a new agency that will hopefully get me in the same zip code as my girlfriend and get me a very good raise (more car parts yay)! It will also lead to me having a home where I have a garage and can actually work on my car when I want to lol.

Wheels are officially being built and I'm super pumped to get them. Really gotta get to work, wheels should be done in 3 weeks and in that time I have to:
              Install bags
              Fender roll
              Camber kit
              Stud conversion
              AT THE LEAST. I'd also really like to get Drilled/Slotted brakes and powder coat the calipers while I have it apart for air.

Anyone have an opinion on brake colors? My wheels are going to be matte grey faces on polished lips. I'm thinking yellow because yellow looks great with dark blue cars but I'm also feeling red or just black. Any input is appreciated ��

Hope to have some actual progress and photos soon!

Comment

like all your options, red or yellow me thinks

Comment

Got started on some stuff today. Originally just planned to get started on my air setup but ended up doing more.

Started off with the trunk setup
                  Got it mounted how I think I want it. Was having trouble deciding on tank placement but I think this is the most practical way for me to do it. I'll be moving on to a hardwood floor at some point.

And for those wondering why tf I would mount the tank right there, it's so I can still access the compartment underneath the carpet (where I think I will be mounting my manifold) and so I still have as much trunk space as possible.

After I kinda made my mind up about that and got it situated, my buddy who was helping me had walked off and I found him starting on the BMS DCI and cowl delete filters. These two things delete like 20 pounds of weight and make an AMAZING combo for turbo noises.
                  Started here:

Took all this crap off:

Now we here:

Also got to install my LED angel eyes. I'm gonna try to get better pics asap

And lastly, shoutout to Coors light for the liquid motivation

And for anyone who cares, the E39 beside my car is my buddy's that was helping me with the E90. It has a 6.0 LSx swap

Overall I'm glad I got to put some of my parts on finally. Super happy with the LED angel eyes and the DCI/Cowl delete combo. Sounds amazing inside the car. Just have to figure out how/where I'm gonna mount the air manifold and run the lines now.
                  I also have to order M3/AirLift performance shocks to install my rear kit because the shock mount is different than the Non-M E90s so the air won't be on super soon
                  Last edited by Hugger; 07-12-2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Holy shit! What a small world! Is that E39 by any chance this one? And is your buddy's name John S?

If so that's my old car! I built the car and did the swap! I keep nagging him to start a progress thread, but he is stubborn. Would love to see it get brought back to its former glory!

Also, your 335i kicks ass. I thought very long and hard about getting one once I sold my 560i.

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
                      Holy shit! What a small world! Is that E39 by any chance this one? And is your buddy's name John S?

If so that's my old car! I built the car and did the swap! I keep nagging him to start a progress thread, but he is stubborn. Would love to see it get brought back to its former glory!

Also, your 335i kicks ass. I thought very long and hard about getting one once I sold my 560i.
                      Lol yep that's him! He told me yesterday that you had said you wanted him to start a thread. I think when I told him I was doing one he started thinking about it, I'll see if I can talk him into it. That car is freakin sweet, you did a stellar job on it.
                      And thanks for the compliment! I love my 335, it's a fantastic mix of class and power. They're a great car for anyone, stance guys, track guys, drag guys, all of them lol.

Comment

i was just about to ask if the e39 was nsogiba's old car...lol

anyway, love the progress. please get better pics of the angel eyes when you can. but they seem to look awsome.

Comment

Just ordered M3 rear shocks, airline and some teflon tape. Hopefully all these parts will show up before Feb 4th so I can get them all on the 6th and 7th. Wheels are 11 days into being built so I should be seeing those in the next week or two.

ECS Tuning has a CSL trunk on sale for $361 right now and my god is it tempting... just don't want to spend that money before I get the bags on, just in case something goes wrong. Ugh

Comment

360 for a csl trunk? it would be rude not too....the bags will be fine.get tha csl trunk asap

Comment

Well I bit the bullet and bought the trunk, ended up getting free shipping too. Got $140 off the trunk and free shipping that was supposed to be $181 lol. Glad I did it.
                              However it'll probably be a little while before it gets painted, I really gotta slow down on the car parts lol.

Comment

[IMG]IMG_1072[/IMG]

Subbed
                                Just a Single Cam
                                Stock Sleeve Vitara - 312WHP/244WTQ - 11.93 @ 116MPH

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X