This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install studs

Hey guys, I ordered some rotiform studs and they came in today, and needless to say, they look awesome. I cannot wait to install these things! However, I have a couple of questions. Is red loc-tite necessary, or can I get away with blue? I just have a bit of fear in case one ever has to be removed. Also, what is the install procedure for these? I was half expected the allen head at the end, but as this is not the case, should I just double nut them on? How much do i torque them down to?

Thanks a lot. You guys have a great/helpful staff, and having the warehouse in CA makes for great shipping times. I would love to order a set of rims from you, but its a bit out of my price range at the moment. Maybe in a year or so we will be in contact again.

Thanks,

Stephen

Use red. Even tho they're screwed on, just use red to be safe. Better safe then sorry right? And yeah, double nut them on. I just tightened mine down until it couldn't go in any further.

Mine lasted about a whole 6 months maybe until the stud and nut were completely stripped. Don't use air tools.

-Dan

Comment

I'm installing my extended studs this coming Sunday. Wish me luck.....lol.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I dont have air tools, so that shouldnt be an issue. How hard is it to pull them back out after they have been torqued down with red loc-tite? I just want to be sure that they can be removed when necessary.

Comment

Well, fairly easy. Actually scary easy. When the stud and nut were stripped, I just gave it a quick zip with the impact gun and it came off.

-Dan

Comment

Double nut them with a drop of red loctite on the short end (hub side)

then torque wheels as usual!

Comment

Sounds good. I got spacers on the way, so I probably wont be putting the studs on until they come in, but the car should look pretty hot soon.

Comment

Really interesting info, thanks for sharing. I would like to share about ac market apk download latest version 2019.

Comment

Working...
                X