Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opel Corsa B 1.2 16V first car (Vauxhall, Chevrolet Corsa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today the wheels came In:

6x16 ET40 steelies with 165/40 R16 Achilles.
    Sadly my plan with BMW caps is not working because theyre made for wider steelies. But if it would work it would look sick:

Put them on:

But I could only lower the passenger site because on driver site the adjuster I crap.
    The previous owner put greasy on the threads so all the mud sticks on the threads.
    I replaced the passenger site adjuster already and cleaned the threads, I can adjust it with my hands all smooth.
    So I decided to buy another adjuster for the driver site for smooth adjusting.

Here a litte picture of my dads Corsa 1.6:

Greets, Tom

Comment

You sure this gonna work..?
      They are about 8% smaller then the 175/65 R14...

Comment

175/65 R14 isnt the smallest Corsa size. Its 165/70 R13 and then its only 4% smaller.
        Today I set the height on the passenger site:

Comment

Today Im back from 2 weeks in croatia...
          I fitted the new caps, they look really good:

Now to do is get the coils set up with new adjustment rings and get an alignment.
          Then its ready für TÜV next week.
          Greets Tom

Comment

Hi guys,
            yesterday was my and my sisters birthday party and I fixed the coils, adjusted the height, the toe and camber. My buddy helped me with the coils. Then we did take a few pictures with my new wheels and his Astra 2.0 Turbo. They came out very nice:

The LED tails on my buddys Astra are lookin sick:

Difference between normal halogen and Bixenon:

Now it can be driven semi good, the steering wheel is not straight but its okay.
            Next thing will be alignment by my dad on work and next Tuesday TÜV for the new wheels. And then Iam ready for some meets.
            Greets Tom

Comment

Originally posted by SoapHero View Post
              175/65 R14 isnt the smallest Corsa size. Its 165/70 R13 and then its only 4% smaller.
              Still a lot.., the TÜV usually checks the size.
              Maybe he'll still complain about it.

Tell you buddy to get rid of that LED crap.., looks cheap...

Comment

He wont complain, Ive talked with him before I buyed wheels and tires and its now problem. I also have the original Opel papers which show, that the circumference of 165/40 R16 is compatible with the corsa speedometer.

And the LED tails are looking sick.

My dad did the alignment on the Corsa and now its street ready. Im waiting for mudflaps and new rear tails:

Greets Tom

Comment

Got the brazilian taillights today... Still need bulb sockets but Ill figure that out:

And I installed the rear mudflaps:

Greets Tom

Comment

That's pretty neat , I've never seen that on an Opel before

Comment

• Yesterday was the first real test drive. Around 160km.
                      First my buddy buyed a stock Audi A4 B5 1.9 TDI and I drove him to the seller:

Then I helped him and his buddy to clean his little shop... We needed to open an red Mk3 Golf:

but we had no keys. My buddy had the keys from his Mk3 GTI at the shop and... we opened the red Mk3 with the keys of my buddys Mk3 GTI with no problem, thats Volkswagens good anti theft system .
                      However,
                      my car drives good, the KW V1 is very very smooth...
                      Only things I noticed, the steering wheel wasnt straight and the mid silencer from the exhaust was hitting the car ground.
                      So we fixed this today:

Now only go to TÜV at Tuesday and find some cables for the brazilian rear headlights.

Greets Tom
                      Last edited by SoapHero; 07-29-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Got the wheels TÜV applied...
                        Did 2 comparison pics with my grandpa´s stock Corsa on 13 inch:

Buyed a rare original part magazine:

And today a Maserati parked next to me:

Greets Tom

Comment

• You really need to get that paint buffed up from a real professional (not one of those 100€ deals tho).
                          It would do wonders with the car and would raise it from "cheap tuned car" to "properly cared loved car".
                          Last edited by Nagah; 08-06-2017, 04:11 PM.
                          Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                          Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• ^this

And lose the mudflaps aka Rentnerspoiler, in the front they serve a purpose, but not in the rear...

Comment

• Yeah next step are getting the brasilian rear headlights to work and do a buffing.
                              I got a new trunk first with red spoiler because I dont want to get an old rusty trunk buffed so now its ready to get bufffed:

Transported in the car:

Still waiting for the cables for the rear headlights...

Greets Tom

Comment

• New tunk installed:

Comment

Working...
                                X