Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opel Corsa B 1.2 16V first car (Vauxhall, Chevrolet Corsa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, just paint the alloy white.....

Where did you get the Rear lights now ?
    [IMG]/IMG]

Comment

Maybe Ill try to plastidip them in white.
      I get the rear lights straight from brazil. Someone had their holiday in brazil and they buyed a set there and they bring them to germany.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapHero View Post
        Yep, in this size you can only get Achilles or Nangkang.
        I rather drive with a public bus than with that tires!

my pictures on FLICKR

Comment

Nankang NS2 tyres are fine for a car like this. I even had them on the rears of my CLK 500 and they held up OK tough. Don't expect too much in wet conditions. But it's better than plain old balloony stock tyres
          Lucas
          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
          Originally posted by LCG
          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Im 17, the car is hard as fuck and it has 65hp, which means Iam definitely not driving fast or something, so I have no problems with these tyres. Im thinking about switching the wheels to 6.5x16 inch steelies with 165/40 R16 Achilles tyres and Mercedes caps.
            I think it looks so amazing:

Comment

Plan changed.
              Im planning on putting 6x16 Corsa D/E wheels on it with 165/40 R16 Achilles.
              But first someone needs to buy my Renault wheels. Here are a few newer pictures from the car:

Next to my moms Astra:

Co-driver site:

Comment

Actually doesn't look bad with the Renault wheels. Not really my style (I'd prefer it a lot lower with smaller and wider wheels...) but pretty cool.

But it looks like the paint is fading in some of the pics. Give 'er a polish, mate!
                Last edited by Dr.AK; 05-06-2017, 06:03 PM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Polishing is useless because it will look like this 2 months later.
                  For me the Renault wheels are a little bit to big.
                  I think with 16 inch wheels it will be perfect and the whole car is a bit lower too

Comment

For me the Renault wheels are a little bit to big.
                    I think with 16 inch wheels it will be perfect and the whole car is a bit lower too
                    This cant be true. A real buffing is evening out the surface of the color. How should it be uneven in 2 weeks time? I guess you just should get a proffesional buff up, then the car will be properly red again. And this will look great.
                    Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                    Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Wrong.

I'll explain in German, sorry international people.

Du musst das Ding einmal richtig polieren. Also nicht von Hand mit der billigsten Politur ausm Baumarkt drüberschieben. Das bringt nichts ausser den von dir beschriebenen Effekt, dass es ruckzuck wieder ausgeblichen aussieht - weil diese Politur nichts anderes macht als die kleinen Unebenheiten in deinem Lack mit Chemie auffüllen, was sich sehr schnell rauswäscht. Der Lack muss richtig mit ner Poliermaschine und vernünftiger Politur bearbeitet werden - damit wird der Lack extrem fein geschliffen und die Lackoberfläche wird Spiegelglatt. Das bleicht dann auch nicht aus.
                      Ein paar Links wo du dich mal zum Thema Fahrzeugpflege einlesen kannst:

A forum community dedicated to UK-based automotive detailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about methods, materials, equipment, restoration, classifieds, troubleshooting, and more!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Ive talked to my local detailer. He said if he gives it a polishing, then it will look good for a few months, but the its getting back to the ugly look, because its missing a few laysers of the paint and it even has much spots where its missing the whole paint, not only a few layers.
                        I think it it wasted money... When Ive got the new wheels and got the Renault wheels selled, Im gonna paint it myself with some matte oldschool paint, like a bright yellow or something

Comment

Today I was on a local Opel meet with my dad and his Corsa.
                          It was a good meet with around 40 cars, which is not bad.

Next to my dads Corsa:

And a few pics from the meet:

Comment

Well red is a good choice for that little one. I would repaint it in a cool shade of red.
                            And I would keep the unpainted black plastic parts unpainted, because to be honest, your dad's Corsa looks kinda cheap next to yours.
                            Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                            Oh, and your car too.

Comment

I dont repaint this thing... Basically I dont put more money in this car, except for the brasilian rear headlights and the wire for the subwoofer.
                              And the only the paint on my dads Corsa was more expensive than my whole car

Comment

Can someone pleaseeeeeee help me out here? TF are rear headlights? I'm so lost and feel so dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X