Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opel Corsa B 1.2 16V first car (Vauxhall, Chevrolet Corsa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging by the pic you have enough clearence for winter use...

What wheels, zender, intra? They are one-piece...
    Kind of ok with the 17s.., just the mud flaps throw me off everytime...

Comment

• Intra. Yes theyre one piece but the look like multipiece with the screws... Today I got my brasil Chevrolet emblem for the front but I need to modify the grill... Good that I have a spare one laying around

Comment

• Its been a while...
        Sadly I didnt got the wheels... Yesterday I tried to fit an Omex Rev Limiter but It wont work on my X12XE engine because its using some complicated signals for the ignition so I sendet it back. I hope I get the money back.
        Next thing I will try is to block the egr valve. I hope it will run a bit better (thats the case on most Opel engines when you block or delete it). We will see
        Greets Tom

Comment

• A little changes on my Corsa and a big change for. But the little changes on the Corsa first.
          I putted an wheelwhores oilslick sticker on the back (the paint was bad under the sticker):

And Ive modified the second radiator grill for the brazil Chevrolet emblem and I installed both:

A little picture when we´ve taked my dads Corsa to its winter garage:

Now to the big change, on friday Im gonna buy a Corsa A (MK1 or in Britian its called Nova) which is in very nice condition and also the same red as my Corsa B!
          Im very excited, its first owned, only 33.000km and the body has no rust (which is very rare). My plans for the Nova are:
          - slam it (already have an idea for modified coilovers)
          - nice 15 inch wheels (already ordered the rims)
          - better steering wheel (already ordered one from an Vectra A / Cavalier
          - exhaust and a few changes on the engine
          - register it on summer months

I post some pictured on friday when we picked it up. Maybe I start another thread, well see.

Greets Tom

Comment

• Now I have a really nice Corsa A in the garage, Im very excited.
            Here is a little preview:

You can find more about it on my build thread:

Greets Tom

Comment

• Now its on winter wheels, looks not good anymore but I dont want to raise it for the winter:

Greets Tom

Comment

• Testfitted the BBS wheels which are for my A Corsa:

Very close fitment in the back:

A bit of camber rules in the front:

And the BBS caps are fitting the stock wheels :

Next optical change will be a smaller exhaust tip.

Greets Tom

Comment

• very nice corsa project.

i liked the 16" steelies much

suits your car very well

i have a corsa b too but mine have an x16xe engine and is equipped with the gsi sport bodykit.

i am going to rebuild,lower it with coils and put some nice wheels on it

maybe you know me from instagram!?!?... my name was _trendyandy_

Comment

• here you can see it when i got it back from the paintjob

Comment

• Yes I remember you.
                      The steelies fit well but Ill put them on my A Corsa and the 15 inch BBS on the B Corsa.
                      Should be looking good too.

Comment

• Its been a while,
                        I sold the KW coilovers to a guy which is building a hillclimb Corsa.
                        Got FK coilovers for cheap, threw them in, but the spring is wider then normal because they only have one big spring instead of a main spring with a helper.
                        So its not easy to fit the Mangels steel wheels (7x15 35 offset with 185/45 R15) because the TÜV wants 6mm clearance inside the wheel.
                        Without any camber:

With camber and 5 mil spacer:

With the camber the wheels would sit perfectly:

Then I tried a bit with the suspension, the rear with just shocks and no springs:

With a helper spring from a front coilover:

And with my special springs which I use in the Corsa A:

This is how it sits now:

On this pic it has the FK coils which are way softer than the KW coils, and 65mm FK springs in the back.
                        And then yesterday there is fcking snow:

I still need to play with camber and the 7x15 wheels because of the fitment.
                        I got a pair of Bilstein B14 coils today for cheap, still waiting on these. When they are in good condition Ill try them out. When they are lower than the FK then Im gonna put them In and I should have a bit more clearance in the front...

Stay tuned!

Comment

• Its been a while, the Corsa got some big changes in little time.
                          I fitted my special TA technix coils in the front with bilstein springs in the rear, to get everything TÜV approved I needed to pull the fenders. We pulled the front about 1,5cm and the back 1cm.
                          After that we aligned it:

Need to run a bit negative camber in the front to fit the wheels:

And then I needed to put the winter wheels back on because it fucking started snowing last week, with this low and the big winter tyres it rubbed like d*ck:

Got a pick next to a stock height Corsa:

And last but not least a little pic with the summer wheels:

Still need to do some things. I want to put camber plates in the back because the left tyre rubs at bumps (because the axle is not centered, in almost every Corsa you have more room on the right wheel), then I need to modify the wheel arch liner because that rubs in the front and finally polish it because Iam sick of this 2 tone red.

Oh and I got a prefacelift bumper. I hope I get everything ready tomorrow for a few decent pictures.

Greets and happy easter

Comment

• happy easter,

oh man your corsa looks so sick.

i really like the lowness. very nice.

on my gsi its also going on.
                            i am very happy when he is ready for tüv.

Unfortunately my 16" oz wheels doesnt fit cause they are to wide and the ET is to high so they rub on my coilovers in front.
                            and i dont want to pull my fenders

Attached Files
                            Last edited by corsette; 03-30-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Thanks! Which specs are your OZs?

Comment

• Hey, Nice corsa man! I got one question, where did u get the black center caps? I need something like that for my 14x10" that I got on my astra :p

Comment

Working...
                                X