No announcement yet.

w124 Highschool Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow, nostalgia. Those wheels look right at home. Also you would be surprised how much the rear will camber in when you lower it. I think with a roll and slight pull you can make those fit with the 235's and the meatier tires will look better IMO. I would go for some Euro headlights and keep the eBay tail, If you still have your old taillights use the grey inner bulb housing rather than the cheap chrome ones that come with the eBay tails, it makes for a good look. as for the front I would go with 215's rather than 205's. Stick with the 215's and make some fender spacers for like 4$ from the hardware store. I believe I have pics in my thread if you interested. If the pics aren't good enough lemme know and I can find the exact specs on what you need for the spacers. Other than that this thing is looking so good man. Also if you paint the inside of your grill black it makes a world of a difference.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
      Oh wow, nostalgia. Those wheels look right at home. Also you would be surprised how much the rear will camber in when you lower it. I think with a roll and slight pull you can make those fit with the 235's and the meatier tires will look better IMO. I would go for some Euro headlights and keep the eBay tail, If you still have your old taillights use the grey inner bulb housing rather than the cheap chrome ones that come with the eBay tails, it makes for a good look. as for the front I would go with 215's rather than 205's. Stick with the 215's and make some fender spacers for like 4$ from the hardware store. I believe I have pics in my thread if you interested. If the pics aren't good enough lemme know and I can find the exact specs on what you need for the spacers. Other than that this thing is looking so good man. Also if you paint the inside of your grill black it makes a world of a difference.
      I'll probably run this tire setup until I have to swap, then I'll see what I wanna do.
      But thanks for the suggestion, looking at the 215s on the front now, if I put 205s I'd look like a Mercedes on Daytons
      And do you know of any places that rent out fender rollers? Preferably Eastwood but any would do

Comment

I just rolled mine myself with a jack handle. If I were you I would just ask around at car meets there's definitely someone in the San Diego area that either has a fender roller or knows a place.

Comment

Originally posted by sebvstien View Post
          I'll probably run this tire setup until I have to swap, then I'll see what I wanna do.
          But thanks for the suggestion, looking at the 215s on the front now, if I put 205s I'd look like a Mercedes on Daytons
          And do you know of any places that rent out fender rollers? Preferably Eastwood but any would do
          heat gun and a WOODEN baseball bat is how I've been doing it. if you need a good pull bounce back and forth between the bat and a thick phone book

Originally posted by BozoBubble
          Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

I'm too scared of bacon fenders. I think i'm just gonna order the tool off Eastwood. If anyone in San Diego needs to rent it, DM me on my Instagram
            @sebaddie

Comment

I actually already have the fender roller if you need to use it Im down in the Chula Vista area though...I head up to school in the mesa area almost every day, dont know if thats closer too you but wouldnt mind heading up one day and helping you out

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                I actually already have the fender roller if you need to use it Im down in the Chula Vista area though...I head up to school in the mesa area almost every day, dont know if thats closer too you but wouldnt mind heading up one day and helping you out
                I go to school near there too actually so that would be perfect! Check your PMs
                Last edited by sebvstien; 01-31-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

So I've realized I may have f'd up lol... So I've been seeing some "major" (?) rubbing issues in the front. At full turn radius the outside part of the tires rub just in-front of the struts.

Not sure if it's the width of the wheel, or the offset is the issue (probably both) but what is a way of dealing with this?
                  I've looked into spacers, haven't measured yet, but figured 3mm or 5mm would work to push the wheel out enough to stop the rubbing... Not sure if this would cause rubbing in another spot either.
                  Also don't know if my lugs are long enough to use spacers
                  (12x1.5mm which I believe are shorter than the stock ones)

Another idea would be to hammer in the spots. It isn't the fender liner, it's the underside of the engine bay... Will probably create problems because there seems to be things mounted in the engine bay in the correlated spots, but i'm close to saying F it b/c who has money for new tires.

Here's is some pictures of the passenger side:

One last thing lol, I don't fully understand the whole "2mm-8mm spacers may not keep wheels hubcentric" thing... scoured the web and still haven't found clarity
                  Last edited by sebvstien; 02-02-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Fairly normal to see rubbing there, common with lowered w124's and 201's. You can either beat it out with a hammer to make space inside or run a smaller width tire and some stretch. Is this happening at stock height or have you lowered it more and that's why its happening? Also you wheels sit on a 66.6mm hub and when you add spacers they no longer rest on the hub leaving them prone to being non-centric, I've ran tons of wheels non-hubcentric but if you want the centering rings I have them from 72.6mm to 66.6mm. I'm not sure the hub of your wheels but there's a chance that's it if they are reps.

Comment

any update or is this a dead thread?
                      Your mom says hi. =)

Comment

Originally posted by aye.itseric View Post
                        any update or is this a dead thread?
                        would like to see an update too. Surely its lowered after 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by alantw-15 View Post
                          would like to see an update too. Surely its lowered after 2 years!

i hope so too! i just bought some vogtlands springs, i haven't seen how the coilovers are tho.

Comment

Working...
                          X