Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
    Sad news if you ask me.
    What is dying? Subframe or the rear beam?
    Subframe mate, you'll see the condition of it later. However, good news! I'm going to be running 8.0 fronts, and 8.5 rears when the bags are on. That ok with you?
    Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
    1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Originally posted by SoapHero View Post
      Bags are not cool m8
      Bags will save my poor car tho. I can't keep killing it dude hahaha, i need a shitty daily to ruin instead

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        +1, keep this static and just reinforce or raise the points where it's scraping
        Sadly dude you can't raise anything! It's the subframe thats taking the beating! if i wasn't hitting everything i'd be keeping it static, just don't want to destroy the car hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
          If you get air and you wont do arch to lip fitment I will be dissapointed.

I say keep it static like the true topboi you are and get a Felicia daily.
          8.0 fronts and 8.5 rears Michal, so don't worry about fitment

Felicia daily will be dickhead static, thats the plan at least

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
            Sadly dude you can't raise anything! It's the subframe thats taking the beating! if i wasn't hitting everything i'd be keeping it static, just don't want to destroy the car hahaha
            Plate it! 5mm plate held on by stitch welds, when it's worn out just cut welds and re-plate

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• I'll be the minority and agree that you should just bag it. Being low isn't cool if you're disintegrating your beloved car in the process!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Mate il agree with the air idea, static is brutal on cars, too much work has went into this car for the underside to be trailed off it!!!
                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                  Mate il agree with the air idea, static is brutal on cars, too much work has went into this car for the underside to be trailed off it!!!
                  All the work has gone into making it static haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                    Plate it! 5mm plate held on by stitch welds, when it's worn out just cut welds and re-plate
                    Hahaha, well that was going to be my initial idea. I just can't run it like this on a practical basis smashing into the floor everywhere, i care about the car too much to abuse it like that, if our roads wern't so shit in the UK it'd be staying static!

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                    I'll be the minority and agree that you should just bag it. Being low isn't cool if you're disintegrating your beloved car in the process!
                    Yeah don't get me wrong, being static is fun. Being this low and static really isn't. My ride height last year was perfect for easy use, now it's a nightmare! Seeing as i care about the car so much it's the only real option i have now to stop killing the poor thing hahaha

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                    Mate il agree with the air idea, static is brutal on cars, too much work has went into this car for the underside to be trailed off it!!!
                    It all depends on the height really, if it wasn't stupid low it'd be sound, but static with 20mm of subframe clearance is brutal. My car constantly looks like it's setting fireworks off underneath it, bent a bottom arm and smashed the shit out of the subframe, it's painful.

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                    All the work has gone into making it static haha
                    Yeah that is very true dude, it's just not practical now that's the problem. But don't worry, i'm going to be pushing mega fitment now. 8.0 fronts and 8.5 rears is happening

Comment

• So, whats new?

Untitled*

Met up with Pat to get a final photo of our cars together before he breaks his (This is the car i'm having the air ride off), shame as it's a super clean car but he's moving onto bigger and better things!

Untitled*

He's decent with a camera tbf

Also learnt a very important lesson. Don't be a knob head and assumed your tracking looks mint by eye. i've learnt the hard way now. my front tyres were new 1100 miles ago...

Untitled

Yeah. didn't even realise. only reason i found out they were this bad was because i jacked the car up to see what i'd damaged after hitting the floor at 85mph...

Michals also made a start on editing the shoot he did for me. Only seen two pics so far, but i love them!

Untitled

Untitled*

Air ride is now getting closer, looking to be getting it around late april early may! Also after another pair of barrels, i'm going to be running 8.0 Fronts and 8.5 rears! Makes sense seeing as i'll actually be able to run that once bagged

Comment

• BEST
                        NEWS
                        EVER

Finally some sense in this thread

Jk, but trust me gonna looks great!
                        Post some pics of that subframe when you have some times, I'm curious about it

Comment

• Great pics! Looking forward to seeing your car on wider wheels!

Comment

• I don't want you to ever finish this car

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                              BEST
                              NEWS
                              EVER

Finally some sense in this thread

Jk, but trust me gonna looks great!
                              Post some pics of that subframe when you have some times, I'm curious about it
                              I listened at last I'll grab some later, it's took a good beating bless it.

Originally posted by Bert75 View Post
                              Great pics! Looking forward to seeing your car on wider wheels!
                              Michals unreal with a camera hahaha, and me dude! going to have some right stance about it!

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                              I don't want you to ever finish this car
                              I don't plan on ever finishing it hahaha, there is a big big change that i'm planning however...

Comment

• P o v e r t y

c a r s

r u l e

IMG_2569

IMG_2549

IMG_2627