2002 VW Lupo Cambridge - JDO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dampers are now in.

Beam now sits around 2 inches higher than it did originally... This is going to be on it's arse.

This time last year it looked like this....
    Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
    1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
      i miss the other lips :-(
      +1000 here too

Looks so clean underside, except that rear beam, dude is worst than mine

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
        +1000 here too

Looks so clean underside, except that rear beam, dude is worst than mine
        Please don't lol, it's so bad. If i'd had the time i'd of took it off. Constantly been on borrowed time storage wise however so just didn't want to risk it!

Comment

• More work today, head unit is in (kind of), sub wired in (kind of), and the arch liners are all back in. Splits are fixed, didn't post about it but the previous builder basically over tightened all the bolts, meaning 12 threads were ruined requiring a helicoil (9 of these on one wheel) . Now fixed, i decided to try them on.

Wait, this is fully loaded now? Why is it still the same height as before? After 5 mins of working it out, i've realised my springs are actually way too stiff, meaning there literally holding the car up. With helpers in, it now looks like this.

NOW THATS WHAT WE LIKE

Obviously, i'll be making adjustments to camber and more than likely the arch to accommodate the wheels. But this is going to be insane when it's finished.

It's all coming together nicely now.

Comment

• Just letting you know my camera is working fantastically and I look forward to shooting this

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
              Just letting you know my camera is working fantastically and I look forward to shooting this
              I also do. I hope it records sound.

Comment

• Welcome back.

Almost done.

Comment

• that front end looks so cool on there
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• very nice, I want to see from the bottom of the line in the side of the car (from where your sticker is down) in satin black to match the bumpers. will probably look shit but it might work.

do prefer that front end to the lupo one though.
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                      that front end looks so cool on there
                      Glad you agree! i'm well happy with it!

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                      very nice, I want to see from the bottom of the line in the side of the car (from where your sticker is down) in satin black to match the bumpers. will probably look shit but it might work.

do prefer that front end to the lupo one though.
                      Funny you mention that, all the decals are now off the car, so it's bare, and i've got some black vinyl lying around... might give it a go as my friend did a two tone lupo and it looked ace! Yeah i do too tbh, it's came out so well. Need rock solid bump stops however, i've never owned a car this low and it just bounces into the floor because of how soft the bump stops are...

Comment

• I decided that it would be a good idea to run JDO up the road to get an idea of how it drives.

1. Subframe took an absolute pounding, in literally 0.5 miles i ground out 8 times and split my flex pipe.

2. The suspension is way too soft. Easy fix is to run solid bump stops, but i'm not really into splitting barrels and destroying top mounts.

So, only option i really saw that could possibly work, was to remove the front helpers and then wind the spring up to compensate, meaning the spring would be under more tension therefore sagging nowhere near as much under compression.

Prior to helper removal, it was sat like this. Took a measure so i could set the arch gap to its current position.

Each side up (Thanks to a Haynes Vectra manual) and strut out, helper off and adjuster wound up about 2 inches, back down and trial and error until it was sat back to where it was.

Sorted. Same as before except its now an awful lot more solid. We'll see how it goes at this for now.*

I'm applying for Early Edition show and shine today. It'l look different to this by the time of show but i want to get my foot in the door before all the spaces and space chances are taken up... All i've got left is my front door cards to sort, some slight paint blending and the rear ride height. Almost done.

Comment

• looking awesome man!!That's the problem with smaller, lighter cars they just bounce everywhere which is the issue I had with my 106 and C2 back in the day.
                          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                            looking awesome man!!That's the problem with smaller, lighter cars they just bounce everywhere which is the issue I had with my 106 and C2 back in the day.
                            Cheers man! Yeah you know the pain hahaha. Only other idea i've got is using my rear springs on the front, the ID of each coil and OD is the same as the standard AP coil springs, but they're about 40% shorter. They are however UNBELIEVABLY hard. SO i might wind the coils up more and bang one in to see how stiff it is then.

Comment

• Dude, you surprise me every time, you still had the helpers?

Looks great and damn if it's low, can't wait to see at Days...

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                                Dude, you surprise me every time, you still had the helpers?

Looks great and damn if it's low, can't wait to see at Days...
                                Yeah man! AP’s go silly low!

I can’t wait forvit mate, be good to meet you there!

Comment

Working...
                                X