X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy that’s one sexy frame
    LUPO LIFE

Comment

• finally got a chance to read through this!

really good work, you can come over and finish the 36coupe for me if you want
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
        Dude you're crazy, fix my wiring too
        Ship it over here then
        Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
        1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• Originally posted by hayddd View Post
          boy that’s one sexy frame
          start a build thread now

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
            finally got a chance to read through this!

really good work, you can come over and finish the 36coupe for me if you want
            Cheers dude! Hell yeah i'm ok with that hahaha

Comment

• Well, the new wheel colour is sorted. Spoken, it definitely sounds like it would never work, but i really think it does. This, matched with the subtle interior plans i have and side graphics, is going to make it one cool looking little car (i hope!!!)

Comment

• I dig the color man, can't wait to see what you have to tie it all together

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Really like that color choice, going to look perfect with the car.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                    Ship it over here then
                    Don't test me, I'm gonna do it!

New color looks great, for the car your are gonna keep the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                      I dig the color man, can't wait to see what you have to tie it all together
                      Cheers dude! Glad it's came out as well as it has tbh, after this weekend it's really got me determined to get it done asap.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                      Really like that color choice, going to look perfect with the car.
                      Glad you agree!! When i've got some photo's on my decent camera i'll get them on here, Iphone camera makes it look a lot darker

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                      Don't test me, I'm gonna do it!

New color looks great, for the car your are gonna keep the same?
                      I'll be over your side of the world next year i think for some shows, you'll have to meet me

Yeah man 110%, Was the main reason i bought the car hahaha. Body work came back Friday. You'll see in about 5 mins when i've written up my update

Comment

• So, SUPER busy weekend, but have smashed out a shit ton of work.

Main job was doing the notch in the chassis rail/crash beam. Now if you're not sure what a notch is, it's essentially a cut out that allows your driveshaft to have more room to move without smacking the bottom of your car (Meaning i can go stupid low). I was going to give it a go, but as i've only really got limited experience with body work, i wanted a professional (My Dad) to do it. He's done 4 bare metal resto's over the past 15 years with 2 concourse magazine features so it was definitely worth the ask!

Initial cut out, 1.25" radial hole

Plate was then cut on, tried and cut down to size to ensure it fitted the hole perfectly. Then welded in and sanded back.

And there's your notch. Currently looks like that as i need to get hold of some underseal and paint! You can see in the last photo how much more travel room the shaft now has, under load or cornering that shaft was rubbing on the body and had left a groove!

Now the cool bit. While my Dad sorted that, i was ripping the interior out and putting the front end back on....

MAN i can't wait to get this done.

So so happy with the paintwork, needs a tiny bit of blending in with the doors etc as the colour is just the tiniest bit out but i'd expected this to be the case anyway. My bumper was like this until is had some sun on it to bleach it slightly, so it might just need some life to blend it in!

Wheel colour works so well with the body, i just need to get hold of some lips now so i can get it rolling!!

Comment

• The speedlines were definitely the best choice

Comment

• looking good man!
                            Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                              I'll be over your side of the world next year i think for some shows, you'll have to meet me

Yeah man 110%, Was the main reason i bought the car hahaha. Body work came back Friday. You'll see in about 5 mins when i've written up my update
                              Dude of course, shoot a message when you are think to coming!

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                              So, SUPER busy weekend, but have smashed out a shit ton of work.

Main job was doing the notch in the chassis rail/crash beam. Now if you're not sure what a notch is, it's essentially a cut out that allows your driveshaft to have more room to move without smacking the bottom of your car (Meaning i can go stupid low). I was going to give it a go, but as i've only really got limited experience with body work, i wanted a professional (My Dad) to do it. He's done 4 bare metal resto's over the past 15 years with 2 concourse magazine features so it was definitely worth the ask!

Initial cut out, 1.25" radial hole

Plate was then cut on, tried and cut down to size to ensure it fitted the hole perfectly. Then welded in and sanded back.

And there's your notch. Currently looks like that as i need to get hold of some underseal and paint! You can see in the last photo how much more travel room the shaft now has, under load or cornering that shaft was rubbing on the body and had left a groove!

Now the cool bit. While my Dad sorted that, i was ripping the interior out and putting the front end back on....

MAN i can't wait to get this done.

So so happy with the paintwork, needs a tiny bit of blending in with the doors etc as the colour is just the tiniest bit out but i'd expected this to be the case anyway. My bumper was like this until is had some sun on it to bleach it slightly, so it might just need some life to blend it in!

Wheel colour works so well with the body, i just need to get hold of some lips now so i can get it rolling!!
                              Your were that low without a notch? You're crazy!

And like I said on Instagram, 2inch lip up front!

Comment

• Looking stella, proud of ya

Comment

Working...
                                X