2002 VW Lupo Cambridge - JDO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again all,

Been MEGA busy, so had next to no time to actually update.

I'll start with the show side of things!

FRANCE 2018 - VW Days

Trip to Halfords to being the trip, GB stickers and REDEX for one big cleany boi

Planned to tape up me car for the drive, ran out of tape, standard.

Departed at dover, france here we come!

by

Pitched up and explored the show, bailed out good friend Fidowicz out too and let him and Bill crash in my tiny tent, fantastic sleep however...

Shows like this are the best for me. Switch off, chill out and dick about with your mates.

We had to also put to bed who's Lupo is quicker... needless to say i lost

Awesome show, can't wait till next year!
    Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
    1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• sack it off and get an e28.
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Been another few busy weeks!!!

Players 2 weeks ago, what a weekend that was.

Untitled by Lewis Deakin, on Flickr

Awesome first day, for me this is always the best car show show of the year. It's awesome.

I did however sleep on two hotel room floors for the duration of the weekend, air beds are a god send for free hotel use.....

And of course as with every year, fish and chips on the beach on the sunday evening, winner.

Very close to 110K now too! it just keeps going!

Also had a bash at refurbing the dish i damaged last year, and considering i've never attempted this before, i'm actually really happy with the outcome!

All i want to do now is to flat down the welds you can see on the inside of the lip! They just need blending in a bit more!

Comment

• Hi all!

JDO's still going strong... 111,000 miles on him now!!

Tyres all changed, tried my mates BM8's on while i was at the garage, perfect daily rims!

My mate Hayden really makes me want a £300 shitter..... This Lupo literally owe's him £540, is on 180,000 miles (This is 110,000 more than the average life of a UK car) and doesn't miss a beat.

And finally, inside at Fitted UK 2108. This was a massive deal for me, it's been my target achievement for 3 years to get into this show.

Next stop, E38. My last show in JDO this year before i pull it apart (again) and do the 1.6 conversion.

Comment

• Looking good man! Love this build

The average life of a UK car is only 70k miles!? That's nuts! I'm in the US and just bought my first car with under 140k miles....My MKIV Golf had 146k when I started driving it (at 160k now) my B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro had 155k when I bought it (Sold at 161k) and my E60 BMW 530xi had 164k when I bought it (crashed at 180k) my "new" 2013 A4 has only 57k and I'm pumped lol

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
            "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
            SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
              Looking good man! Love this build

The average life of a UK car is only 70k miles!? That's nuts! I'm in the US and just bought my first car with under 140k miles....My MKIV Golf had 146k when I started driving it (at 160k now) my B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro had 155k when I bought it (Sold at 161k) and my E60 BMW 530xi had 164k when I bought it (crashed at 180k) my "new" 2013 A4 has only 57k and I'm pumped lol
              Yup! Most UK cars only cover 6-7K miles per year! With the average life being 7 years, so you can genuinely find essentially brand new cars getting chopped in against new models... The UK's also absolutely tiny, (You can drive from one end to the other in under a day with ease) so we don't rack up that many miles (I've done 49000 in the 2 1/2 years my cars actually been on the road)

I suppose thats fairly average miles for those cars! I can imagine with the length of the roads out there they've had fairly easy motorway lives? Cars over here get ragged beyond belief

57k is mega low! Lowest millage car i've owned was a 2001 Polo on 29K hahaha

Comment

• Good morning, hi, Shalom Jackie.

Frame banging + Intentional front air outs + ripping a cats eye out the floor = one written of subframe.
                Unless you can weld.

Fixed, i've welded some PHAT 4mm plates onto the bottom, so i'll rub through these instead of killing the subframe a bit more. Just a sensible bodge to keep the car going for now.

Went out about Leam to get some local pictures

Christ i can't wait to rip this thing apart and start again

Comment

• Dude that front flex pipe looks too new for me, you have to put more effort!

Nice works on the subframe, really don't want to see mine after this

Comment

• Dude I finally start to editing Days photos and I found this one

Comment

• Cool what you made of it, turns out really good espacially with the seat frontend
                      IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                        Dude I finally start to editing Days photos and I found this one

Love this mate! Got anymore photo's at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dome View Post
                          Cool what you made of it, turns out really good espacially with the seat frontend
                          Cheers man! Glad you agree!

Comment

• So, whats new?

Done a small wiring mod, meaning i now have twin indicators

Looks so fresh now.

Also went to E38 on the weekend just gone, as always a mint show.

Comparison of 2017 - 2018

I've also just been given a 1.4 16v Sport Lupo open air as a donor car too..... so JDO is going to be going to a whole new level.

Comment

• Sweet, foggies and indies as one, nice mod Lewis, take it JDO might be staying for a while longer ;-)
                              My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• you better bloody keep it for longer!!! Too deep into the build to sack it off now, definitely worth going the extra mile

Comment

Working...
                                X