Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all!

Update from the Germany situation...

So i've still not had my plates or ownership documents back. Considering this was 4 weeks ago now, i'm taking that as they're not coming back.

So with that in mind, i decided to go to Europe in JDO again Why let one shitty situation ruin everything?

VW DAYS 2019

Well, what an awesome wekend. Really took the downer away from missing out on Worthersee, and put me in such a good frame of mind.

On the 6:30 ferry from Dover, only when i reached france did i realise that i LEFT MY BAG AT HOME
    So i did 4 days with no clothes or wash gear, lovely. Nah, i went to the cheapest shop i could find and bought some bits to keep me going for the week lol

Day 1, wash time

Few spots from the sunday show:

The main reason we go mind, is for the people. 4 days of being with people you don't often get to see, it's great.

Managed to seize some nice photo's this time too!

All in all, awesome holiday. The CandyShowroom video will give you a better idea when it drops on monday...

Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
    1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• I really regret we didn't go to VWDAYS this year, is such a great show!

And just out of curiosity: how you can use your car without all the paper?

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
        I really regret we didn't go to VWDAYS this year, is such a great show!

And just out of curiosity: how you can use your car without all the paper?
        In the UK, you don't need any documents with you when you drive! So that makes life easy for us hahaha

Comment

• Morning all, been a while!

So whats new?

Well, we've been informed our documents won't be getting sent back over from Germany. This is completely illegal, being as both the V5 and reg plates are UK property, but i'm past caring now. I've got a nice new fresh crisp V5 in my possession, so as far as i'm concerned, that shits over and done with.

Whats happening with my car? Well, it's still coming off the road, and i'm still getting something new. BUT. This isn't the end. It's not going to be my main focus for a fair while, but there's a lot i've still never done, and a lot of things i want to try (Like turbo'ing it)... so yeah, this is going to be a little back burner for me.

I'll have some nice fresh photo's up shortly, cheers

Comment

• Yeeeah so that means it's not getting parted out!

Why is the german douchebag army not returning your plates? Wtf of a reason do they have for that?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
              In the UK, you don't need any documents with you when you drive! So that makes life easy for us hahaha
              Damn, I need to move there ASAP

Comment

• Glad to see it's not the end for the little Lupo!

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post

Well, we've been informed our documents won't be getting sent back over from Germany. This is completely illegal, being as both the V5 and reg plates are UK property, but i'm past caring now. I've got a nice new fresh crisp V5 in my possession, so as far as i'm concerned, that shits over and done with.
                Dear Lord. I'm absolutely speechless at how our authorities have been acting towards you. It's embarassing.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                  Yeeeah so that means it's not getting parted out!

Why is the german douchebag army not returning your plates? Wtf of a reason do they have for that?
                  Thats correct, it will live on!! No real reason given, all it's done is give them an even worse impression to the UK...

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                  Damn, I need to move there ASAP
                  Trust me the UK Traffic laws are incredibly laxed compared to other countries. Even the traffic police can be incredibly laid back...

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                  Glad to see it's not the end for the little Lupo!

Dear Lord. I'm absolutely speechless at how our authorities have been acting towards you. It's embarassing.
                  Yeah man! Glad i'm keeping it going tbh. A lot of unfinished work to do!!

It's terrible really isn't it. But thats how it is i guess, not a lot i can do, all it's really done is create a very negative vibe towards them from a lot of the UK...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                    Thats correct, it will live on!! No real reason given, all it's done is give them an even worse impression to the UK...
                    Trust me the UK Traffic laws are incredibly laxed compared to other countries. Even the traffic police can be incredibly laid back...
                    You've never been here, trust me you can't modify anything...

legally.

Comment

• Small update, will get photo's to follow.

Buying a GTI engine and gearbox,
                      Now have a MK1 Arosa sport rear bumper,
                      List as long as my arm of things i'm going to need to do

Also buying a Polo 6N in about 2 hours, needed a new daily lol

Comment

• please don't kill JDO
                        2002 Lupo Open Air / Static / Mile Eater / Top Motor

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/nicholasplatts

Comment

• Originally posted by swaggerdon View Post
                          please don't kill JDO
                          What he said

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                            What he said
                            Originally posted by swaggerdon View Post
                            please don't kill JDO
                            Not a decision that i've taken lightly, but it's one of them. I can justify the money anymore (especially as i want an E28), as to get it where i want was looking at another 2-3k which could go towards bigger and better things. It broke, i made the polo cool and i kinda lost the love for it. If money was no object i'd just put it away and come back to it, but after almost 6 years, it feels right to end it on a high. I really need to start stripping it to be honest, it's just sat outside dying atm

Comment

• Looks clean! Love Lupos!

Comment

• real shame but you're right. Was cool while it lastet mate

Do a new build thread for the E28 (when you get one).
                                Would be happy to read everything from the start on!
                                2002 Lupo Open Air / Static / Mile Eater / Top Motor

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/nicholasplatts

Comment

Working...
                                X