No announcement yet.

2002 VW Lupo Cambridge - JDO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I've seen some people mount rims on a belt-driven spinner to wet sand and polish... spin the wheel + keep your hands/the polishing pad in the same spot = less tired. Maybe it wouldn't work too well with that design, but with such wide spokes it might be worth a shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Buick40 View Post
      At least the rims aren't as bad as the hoodies.

jk, jk
      They're gonna be tight. Tiny wheel gang!
      The hoodies were probably the worst clothing items we've ever bought tbh hahaha, they look awesome! Well happy

Originally posted by Buick40 View Post
      Also, I've seen some people mount rims on a belt-driven spinner to wet sand and polish... spin the wheel + keep your hands/the polishing pad in the same spot = less tired. Maybe it wouldn't work too well with that design, but with such wide spokes it might be worth a shot

It'd deffo work on the lips, faces i've done all by hand however!
      Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
      1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• So, 2 of the Monza's are on. Got a few days to sort tyres for the rears yet, so i'll be finishing them off with some sanding/polishing.

Super happy with them tbh. Really different approach to one of these cars hahaha

Also tried on my friends RF's, i LOVE these wheels.

Also split down my two front RM's today, ready for a paint strip and recolour... Here's how the new fronts will look in comparison to the old 7's...

8.0F + 8.5R is going to be funnnnnn

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
          8.0F + 8.5R is going to be funnnnnn
          This makes me so happy

Comment

• I love your winter wheels man, they fit the car's style so well.
            grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Winter mode completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
                I love your winter wheels man, they fit the car's style so well.
                Glad you agree! Were deffo a good facebook find!!

Comment

• Morning all!

Well what an ace weekend. Me and the boys all knocked together a video for @mehowski, needless to say it was a hilarious weekend, genuinely one of the best things i've worked on and has left us all in such a positive feel good mood. Top work lads. I'll put the link on the end of my post

First step was the prep, little bit of paper, a 240v transformer and some Christmas lights and some imagination goes a long way!

We broke a lot of necks....

Static, bagged and hydro'd.

Josh Gresswell - Insta @joshwaa

Hayden Bearcroft - Insta @h3y_hb

It's ya boi Deakin - Insta @lewDeak

Credit - @Candyshowroom

You need to give this a watch, it was an absolute joke, loved it. Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpA4ynHD8_w&t=69s

In other news, my donor car fell through, typical messer. It's all good however, i've sourced a full 1.4 16v sport conversion setup from my friend, only on 75k miles too! Collecting over xmas hols, cannot wait to get started.

Comment

• This cracked me up! Nice video

Always had a soft spot for small cars. Good job on that one
                    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• I saw the video the other, hilarious af! You guys are crazy

Comment

• This is rad! Love the Xmas themed shots too!

Comment

• Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                          This cracked me up! Nice video

Always had a soft spot for small cars. Good job on that one
                          |Glad you enjoyed it man! Was a right laugh making it hahahaha

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                          I saw the video the other, hilarious af! You guys are crazy
                          We don't mess about lol, you wait for what we have lined up next year

Originally posted by NeilP View Post
                          This is rad! Love the Xmas themed shots too!
                          Michal always rocks out some banging shots man!

Comment

• Well, let me start with happy new year to you all. What an amazing year. Seriously excited for what this year will bring!

Here's me on Monday evening after far too many shots

In other news

After 17 years, 119,596 miles, an horrific amount of burnouts, abuse and noise, the 1.0 is done. Here's the replacement, a nice 1.4 100 bhp lump. 75K miles, complete with gearbox, loom and various other supporting components.. I'm so excited to begin the conversion. I'm hoping with the addition of my GTI injectors, Throttle body, inlet and 4-2-1 manifold followed by a map that i'll have in the region of 130 ish bhp.... that will be much better than the sub 45 i have now

Comment

• Made a start of stripping the car this week, bumper and crash beam off, ready for the bumper to go down to Exeter tomorrow for my friend Kurt to do some body work for me...*

It's going out to be made to look like this (Excuse the v poor render) which i'm right in thinking will b the first time it's actually ever been done, to my knowledge at least anyway!*

I also split the engine and box last night, and removed the fly wheel so i can get the engine on a stand and begin checking it over, refreshing and servicing it.*

Untitled *

So thats where i'm at this week. I'm not going to bother pulling the engine and box out just yet, i thought it'd make sense to get the 1.4 engine and box built up correctly and ready, meaning i can just pull one setup out and drop another in, instead of leaving the car around with no front end on it.... I'm going to pull some of the interior out today, and hand that over to my friend Mikey for some fresh trimming... i'm getting very very excited now.

I really really need to make time to get onto my splits now too, i just don't know what colour to go with!!! I'm honestly thinking about doing them body colour tbh, i can picture it looking super clean.*

Comment

• Dropped my bumpers off saturday, hopefully should have them back in 3/4 weeks!! In the meantime, i made the daily look a bit cooler.

Comment

Working...
                                X