No announcement yet.

2002 VW Lupo Cambridge - JDO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice man, making good progress on the swap.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Red cover and plug wires? Things are getting pretty serious down there

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• You're crazy, this is my worst nightmare ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          Nice man, making good progress on the swap.
          Considering i've literally never had any experience with anything like tis it's going quite well haha!

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
          Red cover and plug wires? Things are getting pretty serious down there
          Yeah Red plugs were a sport/GTI only thing, the cover has just been sprayed but i've got a black OEM one now lol

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
          You're crazy, this is my worst nightmare ever!
          It's not that bad! Worst part was the dash!
          Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
          1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• The weekend marked a day of chilling with friends, destroying a 3G civic, and tearing apart a Lupo sport for some donor parts.

Ricky's family are absolute G's. is Mum owns this Model A.

Here's the Lupo i've torn apart. I've had all the fixings for the slam panel as i lost them somehow, various trim parts and taken LOADS of photo's that i've used to correctly route cables, fuel lines etc.

Main reason i stripped it however was for the front brakes! 200 miles on them!

Josh's £200 civic now looks like this after a bash at the unit....

Also discovered i don't have an exhaust that fits, so i've made one.

Chopped the join out of my 1.0 exhaust, then welded on the flex from my 1.4 manifold. It's only a temporary/legal exhaust anyway....

Welded the two halfs up, job done.

And thats it! Last night i plummed all the fuel lines back up, and attempted a start.

It doesn't run.

Why do you ask?

Because i'm a dickhead and completely forgot to change the IMMOBILISER which is current sat in a unit 90 miles form my house. I'm going to collect it tomorrow. However, it turns over, tried to fire but then has a spark cut induced by the imobiliser. (it's currently still looking for a 1.0 code, my ecu and key chip is giving out a 1.4 code)

This is all i have left to do!

By rights, if it all goes smoothly thursday, i'll have it back together by sunday!!

Comment

• Sucks about the immobilizer but glad to see its almost ready to run.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                Sucks about the immobilizer but glad to see its almost ready to run.
                Collected the one i needed yesterday thankfully!

So, after having a day off of work yesterday to collect my imobiliser, i ran up to Lincoln to fetch it. And thankfully, it's the final piece i needed. Car fired up straight away, so the conversion is complete! Now it's just a case of putting everything back together, so with a bit of luck, i'll have the car on the road by Sunday!

Comment

• Just read this thread from the front...you are mad (so glad you are doing it though).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sneaker Whore View Post
                    Just read this thread from the front...you are mad (so glad you are doing it though).
                    Hahaha, i do ask myself why i do this a lot.

Comment

• So, the cars 90% there now! I got all the mechanical elements done this weekend, so the car is now good to drive! Bled the coolant system, sorted the gear linkage, only issue i have to sort now is a leaking power steering pipe, although i'm sure that is literally just a poorly seated clip.

I'm putting the dashboard back in tonight, which i attempted on saturday evening but gave up with before i pulled it out and set it on fire, UNREAL shit job.

Oh and i have to extend the drivers side headlamp loom by about 75mm, i forgot that the lupo loom is ever so slightly shorter on one side as the headlamp is originally in a different place. Easy job though, i'll have it done either tonight or tomo

Comment

• Well, last night basically finished off the last bulk of work!

The dash is in, the airs back up and running, i'm just left with a few loose ends now! such as:

Power steering pipe leak (Poorly placed clip i think) - Power steering fill and bleed
                        Steering column switch gear replacement, steering wheel reattachment
                        Dash cluster lights (MIL light is on due to EGR delete, ABS and Handbrake light remain illuminated due to the car trying to get a signal from ABS)
                        General clean of the car as it's filthy
                        Small bit of wiring to support fog lamps and drivers side headlamp

And of course rebuilding my RM's, which i get back from paint this week

Comment

• Its a great wee car, so is this now running a 100bhp sport engine, I used to have a wee Jazz blue Lupo years ago, only a 1.4s 75bhp but for the power/weight it was sharp for what it was, I say you'll notice a fair difference between the 1.0 and this, front bumper is so clean :-)
                          My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                            Its a great wee car, so is this now running a 100bhp sport engine, I used to have a wee Jazz blue Lupo years ago, only a 1.4s 75bhp but for the power/weight it was sharp for what it was, I say you'll notice a fair difference between the 1.0 and this, front bumper is so clean :-)
                            Can confirm it flys. Well happy with the bumper tho man!

Comment

• Update:

Had to re-extend my drivers headlamp loom, lupo headlamp socket sits 4 inches closer than an Arosa one!

Cracked my windscreen because fuck you rear views

But, it runs, it drives, it's AWESOME. The power difference is incredible!

Spent yesterday building up my splits, so i've now got a lovely set of 8.0J and 8.5J splits

So yeah, you could say i'm pretty happy with the outcome. Tyres get fitted tuesday.

Interior is basically done too, for now.

Comment

• Well, UD went down an absolute treat. The car had an unreal response, made the solid graft over the last 3 weeks worth every minute.

Some last second arch modifications at 9 oclock at night....

So yeah, i'm 110% happy with the car at long last. Drives perfectly now too, so cosmetically, i'm done. All i'll be doing next is building up a 1.6 hybrid lump....

Comment

Working...
                                X