• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look better on the blue one!

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
      After 17 years, 119,596 miles, an horrific amount of burnouts, abuse and noise, the 1.0 is done. Here's the replacement, a nice 1.4 100 bhp lump. 75K miles, complete with gearbox, loom and various other supporting components.. I'm so excited to begin the conversion. I'm hoping with the addition of my GTI injectors, Throttle body, inlet and 4-2-1 manifold followed by a map that i'll have in the region of 130 ish bhp.... that will be much better than the sub 45 i have now
      RIP mighty 1.0, you're never gonna be forgotten!

Damn, the blue one looks so great, send me one of those!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        They look better on the blue one!
        You know what i think i agree tbh!!Just wish they were 8J instead of 7!

Originally posted by Benjaholic View Post
        That blue GTi is penggggggggggg.
        I love it man! I need to give it more appreciation really, i never really use it!

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
        RIP mighty 1.0, you're never gonna be forgotten!

Damn, the blue one looks so great, send me one of those!
        Hahahaha it took some abuse to say the least. They're super rare over here! I'm pretty sure this is one of 23 left in Raven blue!
        Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
        1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

• And now, some maths.

So, i've got this 1.4 16v Sport gearbox. They differ from the 75BHP box as they are geared for economy, whereas the 100 BHP box is geared for acceleration. Now when my 75BHP box exploded on my Polo, i kept the 5th gear from it. So here's what i've done.

This is the 75BHP gear setup.

Tooth count taken on the 75 BHP gears

Input - 50 Teeth
          Output - 37 Teeth
          37/50 = 0.74 5th gear ratio

This is the 100 BHP Gear setup.

Tooth count taken on the 100 BHP Gears

Input - 46 Teeth
          Output 41 Teehth
          41/46 = 0.89 5th gear ratio

So by putting my Longer 5th gear on, i'll roughly see a drop of 20.5% RPM across the gear. Which roughly calculated means the top end is pushed from 124 MPH to 149MPH. This means mega fuel economy at 5th gear, allowing me to cruise at about 2800 RPM at 70, instead of about 3700 RPM at 70.

So thats now on, i'm about to stick the box in the paraffin washer and clean it up before i dust some paint over it!

Comment

• Damn, this gear post reminded me why I love this build thread so much. Very interesting to see this explained to a buffoon like me!

Also, if you don't make any attempts to somewhat smooth the bay once the engine is out I will be very disappointed! Make the most of that space once it's out

Comment

• I support the bay shave idea

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                Hahahaha it took some abuse to say the least. They're super rare over here! I'm pretty sure this is one of 23 left in Raven blue!
                They're even more rare here, never see one around!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                  Damn, this gear post reminded me why I love this build thread so much. Very interesting to see this explained to a buffoon like me!

Also, if you don't make any attempts to somewhat smooth the bay once the engine is out I will be very disappointed! Make the most of that space once it's out
                  It's all quite simple tbh, i'll show you with my spare gears when i see you for my birthday!

Meh, that's all a question of time, and how long i can keep my car where it is. Without the workshop and tools at work i'm bollocks'd, so smoothing the bay isn't really on the list. Wire tucking however, that is something i can do.

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                  I support the bay shave idea
                  See, great minds think alike. We'll just have to see how i do for time. Either way, it's getting the biggest clean and detail of it's life when the engines out.

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                  They're even more rare here, never see one around!
                  24 left on UK roads. Shame really, most Lupo GTI's end up being owned by chavs, wrapped around tree's or sat on an Omex limiters in a mcdonalds car parks.

Comment

• Afternoon all,

So the fronts off, all i'm left to do now is put the engine and gearbox back together, then it's good to go in!

With the slam panel and rad off, i've made a start of lable'ing up the engine harness, just so i can copy everything over onto the 1.4 loom. This will save me hours of head scratching.

By rights, with the driveshafts out it's literally a case of getting an engine crane in place, taking the support bolts and exhaust off, then pulling the engine out from the front with a pallet truck..

Comment

• What a mess!

PS: what manifold is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                        What a mess!

PS: what manifold is that?
                        Some shitty no name special off ebay! Bought it second hand and it's been way better than i expected! Not bad for £50

Comment

• Morning all,

Fair bit of progress made over the last 2 weeks, engine and box are now clean, engine is timed and the swap is now ready to begin!

Nice fresh timing kit installed, engine ready for clean

Pre wash

150 degree steam cleaned, it's good for a quick rattle of silver now!

To summarise on engine and box:

I've timed and serviced the engine,
                          Engine and box have been cleaned,
                          5th gear has been swapped for a longer ratio 5th

I had planned to go a bit more overboard, like head porting etc, but i'm limited on money and time. So for now, it's just a cleanup service and swap.

Cosmetically, well, see for yourself

Over the moon with this. Hugeeeeee shoutout to my friend Kurt (insta @kuxrt_) for making this happen, it's going to look the bollocks when the front is complete again!

Test fitted my new specs also, wheels went out for paint last night

by

I need about 1.5 degree more camber on the rear, and i've got a pair of 8mm spacers to go on the front. Christ i love this thing.

Comment

• Mate front bumper is great
                            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• wow that front bumper looks amazing now, also that fitment is gonna be perfect.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X