No announcement yet.

1975 Audi 50 GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty done this weekend just gone. Got the engine up there and onto the crane ready to be dumped in;

And in it went;

Got it bolted in, hung the rad, and shoved on a few other pieces to get an idea of the final look. Forgot just how tight the bay is!!! Overall pretty happy, although need a new distributor pretty badly as it's letting the bay down big time.

Also, before the engine went in I finished fitting the brakes (I was missing 2 slider bolts for the calipers) and got 20mm spacers on so I could actually fit the standard wheels! Looks much better than before with a mile of arch gap! (excuse the pic quality!)

Test fit of the front wheel with a 3" lip now everything is all bolted in and there's some weight in the car;

Yeah, they poke a little!!!! :lol:

30mm too far by my measuring! SO.... they're booked in with Voodoo in a couple of weeks to have 17ish mm taken off the back of the face and I'll be ordering 2 2.5" lips from BBS. After that they should fit like the rears. Nice and snug!

I have 4 days at the unit from Thursday to Sunday so there should be a ton of progress next week.
    Instagram - charleston_

Comment

Had 3 full days on the car from Thursday to Saturday so managed to get a load done! Started off with finishing the headliner and getting the car sealed. This was a horrible job and one I had been putting off. However the headliner has come out ok. Few more tweaks and I'll be happy!

A pillars started to go in;

Followed by the screen to tie the front section in. From this point we had an 'anchored' section to work with and pull the liner about a bit more aggressively.

Rear screen was up next as it was there with the new seal. So chucked that in.

Got the B pillar trims and sides in too. These were the worst as the rubber was quite perished. It looks fine from the outside but I had to be so careful not to rip it too much when pulling the glass in. Finished off the headliner and shoved some more trim on;

Saturday was a day of interior work. My parents are moving so I couldn't use my old room as a storage unit any more. With the car now sealed I could grab them and set about reconstructing the interior.

The carpet was pretty dusty!

All cleaned up and thrown in;

After this I added more sound deadening to the doors, built them up, sorted the seatbelts and rear trim then started on the dash. It was actually really easy to get in after removing the clocks and vents to get some access. With the throttle cable, speedo cable, clutch cable and bonnet release all attached I connected the contacts for the few switches I have and pushed the dash back into place.

Now this was out the way I could start getting seats in! Rear bench was first naturally. As soon as the lower section went in I knew the interior would work!

Got the rear seat in with the upper latches;

And the fronts after that!

Only the clocks missing from the dash which I'll chuck back in next weekend

Very happy to see the car looking like a car again!!
      Instagram - charleston_

Comment

this is sooooo satisfying to see man, well done - excited to see it at shows this year

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
          this is sooooo satisfying to see man, well done - excited to see it at shows this year
          Cheers mate, it should be out and finished by early June so at all shows over the summer.
          Instagram - charleston_

Comment

haven't updated in a while - mainly just been saving and getting the little bits done, like sorting the engine getting all the trim on etc.

Picked these up at the weekend though;

Well happy!

Will have the car started this week, then bonnet on and off to MOT!
            Instagram - charleston_

Comment

Working...
            X