E34 JOMs - Which Strut Mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E34 JOMs - Which Strut Mounts?

Hello, I just picked up a cheap set of JOMs to keep me going through winter until I can buy a proper Bilstein/H&R setup in the spring after the snow thaws. I have a 1994 E34 530i Touring; I bought the wagon-specific coilover set and installed the rears easily. The fronts caused me quite a bit of trouble, though. If you look, the narrow part of the shaft is too short on the JOM insert and I cannot get to any of the threads on the strut itself. My car is currently using OE part number 31331139437 strut mounts. What strut mounts do I need to get these installed?

EDIT: It looks like I need the 'Version 3" strut mounts. here are the part numbers:

Strut mount: 31331139452
    Spring plate: 31331128524
    Spring Pad: 31331128523

Once they arrive I'll let you guys know if everything fits. Wish me luck. This info might be useful to someone down the line.

Last edited by Camshaft; 11-14-2016, 11:20 AM.
    -Cam
    '94 BMW 530iT

Hey I have a CAtuned suspension if you're interested it's already cut and welded

Comment

"Hi, I see you just bought a set of coilovers. Would you like to buy a second set of coilovers?"

Yeah no.

Anyways, the part numbers I listed in the first post work great, so if you're running JOMs...that's what you'll need.
      -Cam
      '94 BMW 530iT

Comment

Working...
      X