Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blake Olsen Formula Drift BMW e92 // 850hp// Dogbox //Quickchange// Rear Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Olsen Formula Drift BMW e92 // 850hp// Dogbox //Quickchange// Rear Radiator

What's up guys! Some of you may remember my other builds on here(s13 and rx7) but I wanted to start a thread to document the build of my new BMW for Formula Drift Pro 2 next season.

Here's some links to the builds of my last 2 cars:

Said s13:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45292

My FC3S(95% completed): http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18371

A little background on myself: My names Blake, I live in Las Vegas, Nevada USA and I've been drifting and competing the past 3 years. The last 2 seasons I've licensed in the Southwest Drift Series. Nows the time for me to make the jump to the next step.

I'll post a lot of pics along the way

Heres some of my previous car which I just sold and free'd up cash for this new build. 416 LS3, dogbox, fuelcell etc.

S13 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

It me

And the last photo of it with the new owner

Alright, lets get to the real content now...

So the starting chassis is a 2007 BMW 328i with around 40k on the odometer. I bought the car from an insurance auction from a flood damage claim. Otherwise the car is pristine inside and out. Not even a dent.

For the powerplant, I am having built a high compression 440 C.I.+ dry sumped LSX-based engine built partnered with Ben of EFI University in Havasu, Arizona. Staying NA, he's confident we can make over 850hp and rev between 8000-9000. Talking to him and his expertise I don't doubt this at all. I witnessed a 381C.I. LS make over 740hp on his engin dyno using LS1 based heads.

For transmission we've bought a Jasper 4-speed dogbox. This is the transmission NASCAR teams Joe Gibbs Racing and Stewart-HAAS Racing use in their Cup programs. Should be stronger than the usual GFORCE GSR everyone uses and what my FC has in it. Currently I'm having a 29-spline input shaft installed and will run a 7.25" Tilton clutch.

JASPER 4-Speed_2 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

Rear diff is a Speedway Engineering Quickchange utilizing a 10.5" ring gear

Untitled by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

These photos are from the insurance site I bought the car from:

1 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

2 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

3 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

4 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

5 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

6 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

7 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

8 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

Handling the build, I've partnered with 18FAB in Phoenix. I'm setting out to build one of the nicest cars in FD, and I know that to do this I'd have to branch outside mine and my dads skillset haha. Aside from that I have a fulltime job and go to school so neither of have all the time needed to devote to this car.

E92 by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

Last edited by BlakeOlsen; 11-07-2016, 06:50 PM.
    IG: B_OLSEN_

good lord...this is gonna be magnificent!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

1 week into the build and the cage is nearly completed. Gonna have nascar doorbars and chassis mounted seats. All tubing is 1.75"x.095 DOM.

I'll be using a Woodward Collapsible column

For seats, Sparco ERGO in medium for driver and large for passenger so anyone can fit in the car.

Picked up a sponsorship through Radium Engineering as well, very excited to run their Fuelsafe cell/ internal surgetank system which also houses 4 Bosch Ethanol pumps. Truly a beautiful piece. Itll be housed in the rear seat area partially dropped through the floor.

I'm currently waiting for another sponsor Fluidyne to build my custom rear-mount radiator for the car. It will be a massive 38"x18" dual-pass with twin 16" brushless Spal fans pumping out over 6000cfm.

Wilwood is helping supply the brake system components. Ill be running their 4 piston forged calipers all the way around coupled with dual piece 11.8" rotors for a very light system.

reverse pedals by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

Dynapro_Lug_Mount-lg by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

If you're wondering what the screwed on flares are for, I've teamed up with 2F performance to have them develop LFC's off of my car like they currently produce for s14s. Replaces everything from the rear window back. So theyre doing the flares prior to molds and then the back of the car will be hacked off.

Untitled by Blake Olsen, on Flickr

I will stay up to date on this and update frequently. I'd appreciate any feedback and answer any questions you guys may have. THANKS!
      IG: B_OLSEN_

Comment

Magnificent does not even begin to describe what this will become. I love all your builds you.

I think sumptuous and resplendent fit this well.

Comment

Y E S. Is the goal to keep this car for pro1 as well? (assuming thats your plan.)
          99 GS 400
          85' 190d
          99 Q45 (slightly nicer)
          97' q45 (rip)
          ig: erik.docx

Comment

This is going to be good.
            sigpic

Comment

Exciting
              http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

Mate you really do know how to take it to the next level, these builds are truly beyond what 99% of us would ever be able to carry out, incredible outcome on the previous cars and I cant wait to see what becomes of this, beautiful work so far
                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

I'm speechless.. so much win! please continue!

Comment

Oh good god, this will be epic.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

i´ve always wanted to see a nice e92 pro drift car. so hyped for this

Comment

sweet baby jesus
                        Hipstagram tberardinucci

Comment

I salute you sir. This is quite hella dank.
                          2016 WRX
                          E39s are forever in my heart.

Comment

god damn you work fast, gonna miss seeing that s13 tho

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

I was sad to see the s13 go and a little surprised you went with a 328 but after reading this and seeing your goals I am so excited to see what's going to come of it. Funny enough I was at horse pass when you got you license like a month ago and I'm actually in that pic you posted lmao. I'm having a 1jz swap done at 18fab as well in the next month or so so who knows maybe I'll see you around. Are you going for the same style as your s13 or more of a time-attack look? I know the e92 looks great with hotboy wheels and that would sure be cool to see in the Pro rounds haha.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Working...
                              X