• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Okay, so I've been looking at V5s for the past few weeks. In the end I've decided to bin the idea - not because of the engine, but because of the sellers! It seems that currently all V5s are being sold by people who're a bit daft, shall we say! Either they want a fortune for a car that's only fit for the scrap heap with a barely running engine with half a milion kilometers on it, or they just act like utter bellends.

So as I did finally want to get started with the Mk2, I decided to settle for a 4-cylinder!

I spontaneously bought a donor car today.
      A '92 Seat Toledo with the good old 2.0 8v with 116hp, engine code is 2e. Should be a fairly straight forward swap as the Toledo essentially is a redressed Mk2.

Next thing to do is to get my heater in the shop running so I'll be ready for winter.

As for what this means in terms of wheels... well, seeing how i've now got a full 256mm brake setup with the Seat, I can use my ATS Cups!!

I did a pretty poor photoshop of how Cups look on the Zender kit. Expect a bit more low and more fitment, but that's essentially it. PURE EIGHTIES.

Last edited by Dr.AK; 10-08-2017, 01:33 PM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I got cracking on taking the donor car apart. Sadly, I don't have as much time as I would like, else the car would already be completely parted out.

I hope I can get the motor out before work sends me to Munich for a month...

Also got my workshop set up for the winter today. Set up the oil oven I already had in use at the old place. Nice and comfy now!

Comment

keep it up, love the choice to go with the ABT kit!
          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

I love the zender kit, sideskirts are a bit corny but nice 80s rice lol
            You keeping the 8v stock or building an NA screamer (cams flywheel etc)?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
              I love the zender kit, sideskirts are a bit corny but nice 80s rice lol
              You keeping the 8v stock or building an NA screamer (cams flywheel etc)?
              Haha, yeah, I felt the same way about the skirts initially and originally wanted the smaller ones that don't go on the door. But I've grown to love them for their sheer cornyness.

The 8v will remain stock for the time being, my main objective is to get the car together and driving first before I think about any possible engine mods. That said, I do have vague ideas about ITBs and cams for sometime in the future...
              Last edited by Dr.AK; 10-22-2017, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Wow, ATS cups looks awesome on mk2's, i have them on mine too

Comment

Yeah, they are a classic!

Finally got the engine out today.

Next step is to mount it on a stand and then give it a slight once over. New gaskets and some wear and tear items and I'm also thinking about mounting some headers while I'm at it... we'll see.

Now there won't the any updates for a month as I'll be in Munich for 4 weeks. Will continue work in december.

Comment

I picked up the very last missing part of the Zender puzzle today... the hatch wing!

It's another part that was never mounted and just sat around waiting for me to lay my hands on it since the 80ies... Pretty stoked.

OEM GTI hatch wing will also go on above the Zender one.

Comment

Been a while since I updated this here!

I got the engine wiring harness and such out of the Seat last weekend.

Also split the engine and transmission and mounted the engine to a stand...

Also removed the front calipers off the Seat.

And today I picked up some more parts...

a pair of 9 x 15 ET10 ATS Cups for the rear so my 8x15s can go to the front.

And a Zender exhaust pipe.

Comment

nice find!

Comment

7x15, 8x15 and 9x15 all next to each other The 8s and 9s both were only available through special order via Kerscher Tuning...

And stuck them on the car with the flares to see what kind of work I'm looking at.

Oooof. Well... I'll make it work, somehow.

Comment

Got the Seat's rear axle, front wheel hub assemblys (is that what they're called?) and front anti roll bar out.

Parts will be refurbed, sandblasted and repainted.

Comment

The rears can easily fit with just cutting out the inner lips of your flares and a little camber, on narrow tyres
                              Mine were waay more pokey LOL

Anyways I love your wide ATSs, wish they were less rare

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

loving this build. Will be following

Comment

Working...
                                X