Static 190E 2.3-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djlowd View Post
    Don't you think you could stretch the tyres a bit ? On my E34 I run 8.5 and 10J 18" rims, with 205/40 and 225/40 tyres, that way I have no rubbing problems...

Anyway, good job Sir, I love your car !
    The tires were stretched a little. I could probably could have gotten away with a bit more stretch. However, the roads around here are not very good. Thus, I would not have dared to have any less clearance between the ground and my rims.

Thank you, again, for the compliments.

If this build thread, in anyway, inspires someone or gives someone an idea for their own build, then that makes me very happy. I want to make a positive contribution to the community that has inspired me.

Comment

Water by the Bridge 2017 - Louisville, Kentucky, United States

I made it out to Water by the Bridge 2017 last weekend! Here are a few pics that I snapped.

When surrounded by cars on bags, a static car does not seem all that low. However, out in the real world, surrounded by everyday vehicles, it is amazing how low it really is!

DSCN4313_zpsku9arzmx

Of course, it was not without one hiccup. Easy enough fix though.

DSCN4461_zpsjzph43lw

And, they were handing out some cool free promo swag…

DSCN4463_zpsjkiznhym

There were some cool cars out there. I had never seen one of these in real life before. It was glorious.
      DSCN4350_zpsdkknaqvh

DSCN4348_zpsitrrwwv6

This Jetta was awesome. I confirmed with the owner that it was, in fact, static.

DSCN4388_zpsquc0amtr

DSCN4389_zpsbzrp5svl

DSCN4390_zpsnwrsmror

DSCN4393_zpskuw7kx2p

DSCN4394_zpsrfomzbm5

I was not the only 190 in attendance. I wish I could have found the owner to compare notes!

DSCN4416_zpsuwrsmkh7

DSCN4417_zpslmrpi4cx

DSCN4418_zpstpnhmcac
      Last edited by Deutschland201; 11-01-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Euro District 2017

The static 2.3-16 made it down to Euro District 2017.

DSCN4484_zps6jy0ww5d

DSCN4487_zpspdozgwsp

DSCN4483_zpsbohcnccp

It was a pretty good meet. Good music (i.e. Johnny Cash, the Ramones, and not a single lame dance remix of whatever is playing on top 40 – oh, what relief!). Family atmosphere, and nice people too.

The Mercedes showing was not strong. I was one of three.

… and a lovely young lady brought in this SL. Cue up the country song.

DSCN4477_zpsbsjzyqnv

The only downside was that the promoters had not figured out how to handle the traffic. Folks easily had to sit for an hour before they could even get parked. Growing pains I suppose. Maybe it will be better next year. I am glad I parked at the bank next door. That will also be my plan next year.

DSCN4470_zpsai1vtq2c

Euro District was certainly worth the drive. Only 2 more months until Eurohanger!!
        Last edited by Deutschland201; 11-01-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Something I whipped up in Microsoft Paint…
          dump_zpsuumlkxih
          Last edited by Deutschland201; 07-07-2017, 08:09 PM. Reason: changing photo host. Thank you, Flickr!!

Comment

Working on getting the thread back in order due to Photobucket's change. But, in the meantime, y'all can see the video I made after the trip to Euro Hangar 2017. Set it at full screen and turn up the volume. 1080HD Available!

Last edited by Deutschland201; 07-07-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Euro Hangar 2017

Gearing up...
              IMG_4691

On the way...
              DSCN4492

At the show...
              190E Eurohangar

Return home...
              IMG_4883

IMG_4886

Check out the video above. It's worth 7 minutes of your time.
              Last edited by Deutschland201; 09-24-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Thread is back in one piece. Thanks for the patience.

In other news, after the trip back from Euro Hangar 2017, I decided the stock springs were just way too soft. So, I installed a set of springs from a w124 E320 wagon. Yes, MUCH stiffer. I have actually regained some performance capability. I wish I would have switched to the stiffer springs much sooner. If there is anyone out there considering it, you have my vote of confidence. Plus, these are NOT progressive rate springs. Consequently, they respond well to cutting off coils.

Thanks to those of you that checked out the Euro Hangar video I made. I never thought I would see 3 Cosworth 16 valves at one show. Amazing! Can't wait until next year!

Comment

Got around to making a video montage of the 190E. Hope y'all enjoy.

Last edited by Deutschland201; 11-01-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Some stills from out and about filming the short film above.

IMG_5023

IMG_5021

IMG_4982

IMG_4980

Comment

Love IT

Comment

This past Saturday, what is normally a 5 minute visit to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles turned into a 60 minute visit. But, it was worth it because as I was leaving, this was pulling in.

IMG_2041

IMG_2042

IMG_2043

IMG_2044

IMG_2045

IMG_2046

IMG_2047

Funny how my car does not appear very low parked next to his chopped hot rod.

Oh yes, and another pic from the other day's video shoot.

IMG_4977
                        Last edited by Deutschland201; 09-13-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Trying on Some Different Shoes...

The other day, I decided to try some different wheels to see how it would look and to determine the ride quality...

DSCN4493

DSCN4495

DSCN4496

DSCN4497

IMG_2052

IMG_2053

Unfortunately, turning was a very difficult pursuit. A bit too wide with these tires.

DSCN4499

Oh well. It was fun to try it out. If any of you were considering placing these wheels on your 190, now you will have an idea of how they will look.

Cheers!

Comment

Winning the War Against Road Debris – and Roadkill…

It is amazing what you can do with an old bedframe. The high carbon steel from which they are usually constructed makes for great projects.

In today’s episode, I decided to make a bumper/battering ram to ward off road debris, and roadkill.

Here is the finished product…

DSCN4519

The first question I should answer is – How as this mounted?

The primary support is the existing bumper.

DSCN4504

After drilling some holes, I anchored it, and the bracing began …

DSCN4503

DSCN4504

DSCN4505

DSCN4506

DSCN4507

DSCN4508

DSCN4509

DSCN4510

With some old oven pans that had since been sent to the scrap heap, I cut them out, pop riveted them in, and closed up the gap.

DSCN4511

DSCN4512

DSCN4513

As for underneath, I was able to utilize the existing stirrups that are just forward of the sway bar. I am not sure of the purpose for which these were originally intended, but they worked great for bracing the bottom.

DSCN4502

DSCN4514

The rest is pretty self-explantory.

DSCN4515

DSCN4516

DSCN4517

DSCN4518

We’ll see how it holds up. Now, to go find some roadkill!

Until next time, my friends, stay static!

Comment

For grins, I had a chance to take out the other 190E the other morning and do a bit of filming.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutschland201 View Post
                                I made it out to Water by the Bridge 2017 last weekend! Here are a few pics that I snapped.

There were some cool cars out there. I had never seen one of these in real life before. It was glorious.
                                DSCN4350_zpsdkknaqvh

DSCN4348_zpsitrrwwv6
                                M3 is cool, but is that an e30 touring on American soil?
                                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                                X