No announcement yet.

Static 190E 2.3-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man we would be good friends, this is so so cool! Have the ranger Bilsteins treated you well? Saab 9-3 shocks with your bushings are also a good alternative that I ran on my Benz's, dampening was perfect and I had good travel. Stock cossie body 190's on the floor are my cup of tea. Where in the US are you located?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
      This looks good... excusing the dodgy repairs.
      Thanks! However, referring to them as "repairs" may be a bit too generous of you.

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
      Oh man we would be good friends, this is so so cool! Have the ranger Bilsteins treated you well? Saab 9-3 shocks with your bushings are also a good alternative that I ran on my Benz's, dampening was perfect and I had good travel. Stock cossie body 190's on the floor are my cup of tea. Where in the US are you located?
      I am very pleased with the Ford Ranger Bilsteins. Admittedly, I have not thrashed this car around in the corners. Still, it is a firm, yet comfortable ride. My theory is that, since they are for the front of the Ford Ranger, they can adequately handle what weight is present in the rear of the 190E.

I have used the Saab equivalents on another car that is set up for cornering. And, I have been very pleased with the results as well. The Ford Ranger shock bodies are shorter though - allowing for more low.

I am in Indiana. So, next time you are cruising through the Midwest, keep an eye out for this ride - unless, of course, it is snowing out. (Can't wait for spring!)

Comment

Originally posted by chandlerGTi View Post
        Where did you find this, the rust matches one I sold seven or eight years ago...

It went to Columbus I think
        I think this is Concentric190's old car. I went and looked at it once and this is about how far it was gone. I'm glad someone is using it up the rest of the way though. I ***** seeing it sit.

Comment

Originally posted by standard125r View Post
          I think this is Concentric190's old car. I went and looked at it once and this is about how far it was gone. I'm glad someone is using it up the rest of the way though. I ***** seeing it sit.
          That is awesome! Is Concentric190 here on this forum? It would be fascinating to see if he (or she) had any pics of the car from back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutschland201 View Post
            That is awesome! Is Concentric190 here on this forum? It would be fascinating to see if he (or she) had any pics of the car from back in the day.
            He used to be a member on Rev back in the day. Probably moved on from the car game...LOL. The GTI was my brother's. We have a different toys now.

Last edited by standard125r; 12-30-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

A break in the weather

We actually had some decent weather last weekend. I took the opportunity to snap some photos. Here are some of my favorites. Enjoy. Oh, yes – and Happy New Year!

IMG_4495_zpslg0nyevl

IMG_4490_zpsquyjb7wo

IMG_4468_zpsnnocjkj1
              Last edited by Deutschland201; 07-07-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Your car makes me want one. I remember loving this thing in Sega GT2002 and always kinda dreamed of owning one. Rarely see anything worth buying up here tho.

Volo In Timore

Comment

Originally posted by DjGreggieP View Post
                  Happy New Year!

Your car makes me want one. I remember loving this thing in Sega GT2002 and always kinda dreamed of owning one. Rarely see anything worth buying up here tho.
                  Thanks for compliment. I must say that it has been a lot of fun.

Comment

I found my theme song.

I'm a 90s baby in my 80s Mercedes...

Comment

February pics

Had some nice weather today. Snapped some shots over by a small airport. So good to stretch its legs a bit!

DSCN4297_zpshbdodhbu

DSCN4298_zps66zuoadd

Still static.
                      Last edited by Deutschland201; 07-07-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Very nice car ! Too bad the body is rusty as f***...

I'm in love with the AMG rims, your actual height with those wheels would be awesome

525i E34 build thread
                        325is E36 build thread

Comment

Thanks for the compliment!

Once upon a time, I did try the AMG wheels at the current ride height. The 8.5" rears were a bit too wide. The tires would eat away at the fender wells pretty badly on bumps. I could look behind me and see clouds of the undercoating as it was atomizing into oblivion.

Pic 27_zpsrhrdgozp

In other news, I got my Stanceworks livery applied. Now, I can represent the community!

DSCN4311_zpsxreprsbz

Until next time, stay static!
                          Last edited by Deutschland201; 07-07-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Which tyre size have you got on the AMG's ? That last pic is awesome, too bad you can't run them
                            525i E34 build thread
                            325is E36 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by djlowd View Post
                              Which tyre size have you got on the AMG's ? That last pic is awesome, too bad you can't run them
                              The wheels were 8 1/2 x 17 ET 30, and the tires were General Altimax 215 40 R17. A very decent set up - if the car were higher off the ground.

Comment

Don't you think you could stretch the tyres a bit ? On my E34 I run 8.5 and 10J 18" rims, with 205/40 and 225/40 tyres, that way I have no rubbing problems...

Anyway, good job Sir, I love your car !
                                525i E34 build thread
                                325is E36 build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X