This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography noob

Hey guys, my girlfriend picked me up a great camera for my birthday so I can get into photography as a hobby! (super happy)
    Rebel T6 with the kit lens. Learned to shoot manual after 2 days and I spend a few hours every night reading tips and tutorials and different styles of photography. Im not sure how to get my pictures on here otherwise I would've supplied some to show, but my Instagram is LocallyLowered if anyone wants to check them out and offer some criticism and tips on how to get better. Yes I know its not a full frame but I'm not that good yet so in time after a ton of practice ill make the jump to one. What kind of lenses should I be looking into getting for different styles? Thanks in advance and eager to see what everyone suggests!

Get a 50mm prime, it's cheap, and it will force you to move your feet and experiment with angles. photography classes are a waste of time, no one can teach you how to create. Read up on what the various settings of your camera do (READ THE MANUAL IT WILL HELP). Shoot in manual mode, and learn how aperture, shutter speed, ISO all work together. Most importantly get out and shoot. Shoot as often as you can. Worry less about gear, and more about creating good content. All the gear in the world can't make a photo look good, it can enhance your work, but it will never make or break it.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

What Kielan said.

Read up about some of the fundamentals of composition. Learn when and where to find great light. And just shoot!

Also, a tip that personally helped me a lot - don't just get a 50mm prime. Get an adapter and get a old 50mm primer that can ONLY be used fully manual. Choosing to shoot manual is one thing - actively being forced by your equipment to do stuff manual is quite another.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I dunno what the fuuuu is going on here, but holy shit this is great!

Originally posted by rebeccahickshq
        I don't know who you are. Don't even know your name I wish we could talk but I don't have a number to call. So hold your hand up if you hear me, I've been searching but all that I found Is everywhere that I go, is standing alone in the crowd Maybe you're right here in front of me Am I looking too hard, it's hard to see Oh, give me a sign; I'm starting to wonder if you've lost your way I've been right here waiting patiently, Your lane should be right here next to me I need you tonight, think of you all of the time. thank you |=>super smash flash 2 |=>bloons tower defense 5

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

yeah, this thread is attracting spambots like Ryan Gosling in a women's prison with a handful of pardons.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Working...
          X