Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rhd mkIV Supra (furious 7 tribute build)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhd mkIV Supra (furious 7 tribute build)

hey guys. you may remember me from other build on here, my Paul Walker r34 skyline tribute car http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...+skyline+build
    Now I'm at it again, but this time with a rhd mk4 Toyota Supra. i have bought this car with plans sell it to someone in the united states when it becomes legal there in june 2018. as i will be owning this car for just under 2 years i've chosen to build an exact replica of the car Paul Walker drove at the end of Furious 7. Its a non-turbo 5 speed manual car. i have chosen to modify it to look nice and simple and leave it mostly stock for the next owner to do whatever they want to it. Here are pictures of the car the day I picked it up.

photo IMG_8278_zpsts9ohbt3.jpg
     photo IMG_8293_zpsjbbebtwt.jpg
     photo IMG_8294_zpsnv4gfcoj.jpg
     photo IMG_8321_zpsstn0frpi.jpg
     photo IMG_8327_zpsog9dhtjt.jpg

and this is what the finished product will look like (hopefully)

keen on this hopefully you can pull it off nicely man
    Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

You have both my most sought after cars, I'm in for this

Comment

bought a new set of wheels for the supra! 19" polished bbs lm style wheels just like paul had them on his. also bought a pair of OEM steel front fenders. i **** the look of the vents that are on the fenders that are on the car now, and I'm not a fan of fibreglass. also they are 30mm wider and don't line up with the factory bumper at all. stay tuned for the fenders to be installed in my next post.

photo IMG_8774_zpstuu4hyzu.jpg
         photo IMG_8742_zpsytvajjqd.jpg

Comment

it may look like I'm going backwards... but the fitment on the fibreglass vented fenders was horrible, so sometimes OEM is the best way.

old fenders

photo IMG_8787_zpsmwjyb2ez.jpg

new (used) fenders

photo IMG_8715 1_zpsuwjp2akm.jpg

old fender fitment

photo IMG_8779_zpsrpxipfcv.jpg

new fenders

photo IMG_8785_zpsazr5rmnv.jpg
           photo IMG_8777 1_zpswwqsbizb.jpg
           photo IMG_8778 1_zpssvehgzbx.jpg
           photo IMG_8784_zps16hwuskq.jpg

next up is body work and paint

Comment

please get rid of the BBS LM Reps......
            all I'm asking mate, do everything but reps
            BBS LM's are pretty easy to find man and will bring the price of the car up as well when it comes to the sale, please get rid of the reps...
            Passion Garage

Comment

Originally posted by PassionGarage View Post
              BBS LM's are pretty easy to find man and will bring the price of the car up as well when it comes to the sale, please get rid of the reps...

^this
              the rest is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by passiongarage View Post
                please get rid of the bbs lm reps......
                All i'm asking mate, do everything but reps
                bbs lm's are pretty easy to find man and will bring the price of the car up as well when it comes to the sale, please get rid of the reps...
                x500000
                instagram : demrimz
                StatesideWheel

Comment

What he said

Comment

They're not LM reps. If they are reps, they're of Work VS XX - the surface around the bolts is angled, not flat like LMs. Having said that, (and OP likely knows this) Paul's white Supra did indeed have LMs on it.
                    Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

the wheels that came on the car were all curb rashed, one was bent beyond repair and all 4 tires were bald. a new set of stock 17" rims with tires would have costed me $1000, these 19" replica wheels were just a couple hundred more with tires so why not. I'm making this car look pretty and thats about it. i'll leave it to the next owner to do as they please with it. if i was keeping the car i would go a different route, but i have 2 other summer cars and a another project ontop of that, so this is the best i could do

Comment

dope

https://stanceworks.com/forums/showt...t-tt-for-long)

Comment

I mean...I'm all for making a replica car of something, but, at least run the same parts if you're going to call it a rep of somebody's car?

To each their own though!

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
                            They're not LM reps. If they are reps, they're of Work VS XX - the surface around the bolts is angled, not flat like LMs. Having said that, (and OP likely knows this) Paul's white Supra did indeed have LMs on it.
                            yea true dude just realised, haha.
                            yea of course

Originally posted by R34 Zach View Post
                            the wheels that came on the car were all curb rashed, one was bent beyond repair and all 4 tires were bald. a new set of stock 17" rims with tires would have costed me $1000, these 19" replica wheels were just a couple hundred more with tires so why not. I'm making this car look pretty and thats about it. i'll leave it to the next owner to do as they please with it. if i was keeping the car i would go a different route, but i have 2 other summer cars and a another project ontop of that, so this is the best i could do
                            thats fair enough dude !!!
                            i wasn't having a go but more a suggestion for whatever reason you had to put them on.

if your putting all the good quality TRD edition Body parts on for the car and you're going to spend a fair bit of $$$$$ to get it that far, then i guess putting the reps on for now especially if you're selling the car off i guess its alright.
                            But if you can find yourself a decent set of LM's that aren't overly expensive ( which well at least here in Aus they aren't too Expensive ) then go for it dude, and put them on.

other than the Reps I'm all in for the rest of the car dude !!!
                            Passion Garage

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more progress on this build! Cheers!
                              TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X