Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadway Static coilovers E92 springs/damper question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadway Static coilovers E92 springs/damper question.

Hey guys,

I recently purchased and installed a set of BWS coilovers for my E92. I have to say that the coilovers are great. However, i do have a question concerning the rear. I purchased the set that comes with 16k springs in and front and 20k rear Swift springs. I assumed that was pretty stiff, however, i m finding that they may not be. Am i correct or am i misinterpreting something? I ask because i find the rear to be too soft still. We set the damper adjustment at the highest setting allowed and it still feels fairly soft. My E39 is on BCs and it feels stiffer and its only on 10/8 springs. So i m wondering why the rear on my E92 feels softer in the rear on springs that are supposed to be way stiffer. Or does this have more to do with the damper settings?

Thanks guys.

lol dude 20k is more than enough any stiffer and you might as well weld a solid pipe.
    @davidcharloff

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE39 View Post
      Hey guys,

I recently purchased and installed a set of BWS coilovers for my E92. I have to say that the coilovers are great. However, i do have a question concerning the rear. I purchased the set that comes with 16k springs in and front and 20k rear Swift springs. I assumed that was pretty stiff, however, i m finding that they may not be. Am i correct or am i misinterpreting something? I ask because i find the rear to be too soft still. We set the damper adjustment at the highest setting allowed and it still feels fairly soft. My E39 is on BCs and it feels stiffer and its only on 10/8 springs. So i m wondering why the rear on my E92 feels softer in the rear on springs that are supposed to be way stiffer. Or does this have more to do with the damper settings?

Thanks guys.
      20k rears on an e9x or newer 3 series is actually on the softer side. The spring is very inboard, and also divorced from the shock so it is very different from the e39 that has a strut which is very out board and closer to the hub. Basically, every vehicle is different, and what works for one car, likely will not work for another.

Originally posted by dc4dave View Post
      lol dude 20k is more than enough any stiffer and you might as well weld a solid pipe.
      Not on an e9x, or many other cars. 20k in the rear of an e9x feels like 10 to 12k in the rear of your integra

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
      X