Bunchanonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunchanonsense

So, this is the very slow, kinda boring build of my $900 mk4 jetta.

It started out like this..

When I got it I had already installed a set of raceland ultimo coils, brakes, and some other odds and ends for the previous owner who just needed a cheap fix for his blown stock struts. Also he hit a skunk and smashed the front bumper, hence lack of one.
    Had a big chunk of maintenance to pick up on as the previous owner neglected most of the work. Ended up doing a timing belt job, new hybrid oil pan, alternator, poly dog mount, and a full front suspension re fresh. no pics of the process but you get the jist of it.

Adjusted the coils and threw on a set of xxr's my brother had laying around.

Was alright but needed some serious spacers and should have re-thought the offset of these wheels. Did some little interior stuff which I have yet to get a pic of.

Then I picked up a bumper from the local scrap yard, ordered a badge-less grille and did a self hood notch, and lastly a set of 25mm spacers for the front and 30mm for the rear.
    This was what I was at.

Wasn't terrible, but wasn't feeling the wheels but they stuck around just a lil longer. Now the rear passenger quarter had some "surface rust" starting but there was always something off with that particular spot of the car to begin with.

So I started poking at it and found that it was way worse than I thought, it was starting to rot, and looked like there was more to that.

sure enough I got out the grinder and starting taking down about an eighth inch of bondo covering a poorly hammered out fender. cool. so the car was in an accident. I finished taking off whatever bondo was left and hit it with a ton of rust inhibitor coats for now. its already rotted through on the rear most portion of the quarter. Afterword I cut the sway out and brought it down a lil more all around.

I was pretty happy for the most part, except the wheels. They just weren't cutting it for me anymore and I knew a buddy of mine had his old setup laying around. I always liked the look of Jeep Sahara wheels, so I made a call and pulled the trigger. They're 17x7.5 square wrapped in 205/40 tires. They had custom adapters made up when we first got them for his old car that were a pretty spot on fit all around.

Gotta get some decent pics but that's all I have for now. Debating on fixing the rear quarter but here's the list for now of whats planned

*Rear axle beam bushings
    *Either ecs centering plates or idf drop plates for rear
    *frame notch on passenger side
    *clean up interior
    *paint front bumper and get new valance
    *other odds and ends

Yup

My buddy had those wheels on his MK4, he had his powder coated a weird color and I think the simple color scheme works much better on your car, good progress so far.

I know the feel of discovering badly done body work lol.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Working...
    X