X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500hp is more than enough for an E30

Comment

You have a great build going on.
      Please, I'm coming at you from experience in M20 Turbo's, you are selling yourself very short by using the Miller MAF as a draw-thru piece on this system with Motronic. I used to use it as well for my build as well as another M20 turbo equipped friend and we both had the same ill effects. Dan Miller (creator) even tuned it on the dyno for me in person three times, and even when I pointed out faults, he couldn't do anything for me.
      Go with MegaSquirt. If you need help, I'll point you in the direction of new plug-and-play units with a base tune that will get you to a tuner.
      _abbi

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        You have a great build going on.

Please, I'm coming at you from experience in M20 Turbo's, you are selling yourself very short by using the Miller MAF as a draw-thru piece on this system with Motronic. I used to use it as well for my build as well as another M20 turbo equipped friend and we both had the same ill effects. Dan Miller (creator) even tuned it on the dyno for me in person three times, and even when I pointed out faults, he couldn't do anything for me.

Go with MegaSquirt. If you need help, I'll point you in the direction of new plug-and-play units with a base tune that will get you to a tuner.

I've had two cars NA with the Miller stuff and I've never had a issue. I also had a turbo car with mega squirt and had tons of issues back in the day. If the Miller stuff doesn't work at I'll probably have a Haltech ECU built for the car. The car should weigh around 2300 pounds so 500hp should be more then enough. I feel bad for the body shop guys though. Car is about 90% fiber glass now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty3092 View Post
          I've had two cars NA with the Miller stuff and I've never had a issue. I also had a turbo car with mega squirt and had tons of issues back in the day. If the Miller stuff doesn't work at I'll probably have a Haltech ECU built for the car. The car should weigh around 2300 pounds so 500hp should be more then enough. I feel bad for the body shop guys though. Car is about 90% fiber glass now.

I'm telling you from experience that it will not be happy on f/i and you might be shy of your # goals. Kamotors even ditched the setup as he had similar problems. Dan Miller in person couldn't hit 300whp with my setup. I made 380whp on MS before my clutch started slipping at 400wtq.
          It's simply too crude of a system with parameters that fall short of what a standalone can offer when tuning F/I. N/A is a different story and much easier to convert to MAF. Sorry you had troubles with Megasquirt. Did you build it yourself or get a plug and play unit? I got mine from a forum supporter who builds them specifically for M20's with 24/7 e-mail/text support.
          Haltech is also a great option!
          _abbi

Comment

Here's the other one.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Working...
              X