Blown BRZ Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown BRZ Build

I've had my BRZ for a few months now and figured it was time to throw all my random shit into a build thread. Previously had a mkv and mk6, both totaled, so went on a search for something a little different to avoid having 3 of the same car in a row, then this baby popped up on ebay halfway across the country.

So we worked out a price, then I took off from Sacramento and landed in Kansas City to pick her up. 2013 BRZ Limited with 17k miles, freshly built supercharger and a Seibon CF hood.

Okay so yeah, the majority of this was bought, not built..at this point. Whatever.

Mods it came with:
    Sprintex 210 supercharger/charge pipe
    Perrin intake
    Kartboy short shifter
    Seibon CF hood

So drove that sucker back from KS to Norcal in a weekend, through snow and ice which was not fun at all, and one 103mph speeding ticket later it was back home

As far as I was concerned, the power aspect was already there, but this thing was pretty damn ugly with the 5 inch wheel gap and hood.

First thing I did was pick up an Invidia N1 catback with TI tips. Pretty solid sound so far and no complaints. Made a quick video with shitty shifting so ya'll can get the sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyvKroIYKg4

Next, took out that weird cheap looking metal screen jazz from the hood, much better. Also managed to hit a jeep but we're not going to talk about that.

Last month or two finally got the car looking decent. Purchased some ISC N1 coilovers which have 32 way adjustable dampening and picked up some wheels from the bay area...
    So here's how she looks now. Have some odds and ends coming in soon so I'll update accordingly

Comment

I like the progress, what's your body/aero plans?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Just love the sound of a supercharger, looking good.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

" Previously had a mkv and mk6, both totaled... Also managed to hit a jeep but we're not going to talk about that."

I detect a driver that does NOT need more power, but more practice... lol

The BRZs have a lot of potential. It will be interesting to see where this one goes

...if it survives

progress IS a slow process

Comment

I really like that hood. Good shit.

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
              " Previously had a mkv and mk6, both totaled... Also managed to hit a jeep but we're not going to talk about that."

I detect a driver that does NOT need more power, but more practice... lol

The BRZs have a lot of potential. It will be interesting to see where this one goes

...if it survives
              +1, slow down dude.

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                I like the progress, what's your body/aero plans?
                Not completely sure as of yet. Getting a duckbill soon, then saving up for some sort of widebody most likely

Comment

Hood is getting re-cleared as it was fading, so got some shots done without it..

Comment

Looking really good.

Comment

ATI eZ gauge pod, going to be wrapped alcantara along with all the silver plastic pieces in the car. Gauges coming somewhat soon too. Fitment on this isn't perfect so it'll need some modification

Comment

Well this happened last night

Got side swiped while going to pick up a mk3 jetta. Mostly rubber but there's denting and paint damage as well, guess a new paint job is in order?

Comment

fuck thats shit dude !!!((
                          yea new paint brother
                          a nice wine red :P
                          Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

Been running into problems lately so not much to update at the moment. Broke two axles, cracked a wheel, and Subaru erased my tune. Got an ecutek tune from Moto East, so she can run e85 now. Clutch went out a few weeks ago, so exedy stage 2 going in shortly. wheels are rewelded and getting a new color and she'll be back up and running soon

Comment

Originally posted by staystetti View Post
                              Been running into problems lately so not much to update at the moment. Broke two axles, cracked a wheel, and Subaru erased my tune. Got an ecutek tune from Moto East, so she can run e85 now. Clutch went out a few weeks ago, so exedy stage 2 going in shortly. wheels are rewelded and getting a new color and she'll be back up and running soon
                              Sorry to here about the issues. What size wheel and tires are you running? Trying to get an idea how mine will look ( i have a silver brz as well)
                              IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

Working...
                              X