E36 OWNERS I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 OWNERS I have a question

Just as the topic says are E36s expensive to maintain? I'm thinking about buying one but my friends are like they're too expensive to maintain as well as some other things. Is this true?

What do you consider expensive? They are relatively easy to work on and parts are readily available.

E36s are 8,000 dollar cars. If you buy one for 8k, it will likely be well taken care of and not be expensive to maintain.

If you buy a 4,000 dollar e36, you will likely need to put 4,000 in to maintenance for it to be safe and reliable.

These cars also seem to need new front control arm bushings and rear trailing arm bushings. The interior door panels and headliner always seem to fall apart, the rear shock towers and rear subframe mounts always seem to be torn. The trunk latches are notorious for breaking and causing the metal to start to crack. The list goes on.

If you cheap out and buy one this isn't well sorted, it will be expensive to maintain.

Comment

E36 for 8K? :-O :-O that has to be at least M3, or it has to be in mint condition.. I believe it also depends in which country you are.. here in central europe they are ranging really for 300-400 Euros to possibly 10K, or even more, for M3. but for 4000€ you for sure can find a nice one.
      and I guess they are pretty cheap to work on too.. but yea, it depends on what you consider expensive :-D

IG: @fuxxo_works_garage
      YT: TheFuxxoWorksGarage

my build thread: E63 650i Airride
      my build thread: E34 520i Touring

Comment

e36 is an really easy car to work on and you can find parts like everywhere, so i would say it's pretty cheap to maintain..

Atleast here in Norway, but the prices here cant compare with any other country in the world, everything is expensive here. But the all in all a pretty cheap car to keep running

Comment

Working...
        X