Skoda Octavia VRS "ClubSport"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skoda Octavia VRS "ClubSport"

How's things lads, said I'd throw up a thread of my latest acquisition. After dabbling with the Japanese side of things in the shape of an S2000 recently, while daily driving a Range Rover I came to the conclusion that things were getting a bit too serious (and expensive :lol: ). I found the entertainment value being sapped from the overall driving experience shelling out huge money for service intervals and turning me off cars to an extent.
    So I decided to bang on the toys and search for something reasonable for a while, but something that I've always longed for too, a mk4 platform car. Although my previous Mk3 experience (in the shape of a VR6) was amazing, I always found the 1.8t lump appealing with regards to it's "tune-ability". So here it is.

And one with my brothers Hill Climb prepped Fiat.

Although an Octavia wasn't my initial plan, my buddy had this car for almost 7 years and to say it was minded meticulously would be an understatement, so to not consider the car would've been silly. A few calls later, a price was agreed and it was mine. I'll write up the run down of the car later but, in brief, a very clean example. TB and water pump done recently, rear calipers re-conditioned, discs and pads all around, every single hose and pipe in the bay has been bought in the last 12 months so no boost leaks. Coil packs done, and a smattering of polybushes around the car, etc etc.

As the ambitious title suggests, I would like to have a "ClubSport"/"RS" theme/feel/experience to the car. The logical place to start seemed to be the chassis, so I went and bought a 4 way adjustable 24mm ARB for the rear.

This puppy came today.

Along with extended studs and nuts from Garage Midnight to accommodate spacers. The car has nice neutral handling, although the front can wash out a bit in the corners. As a quick remedy I put two new Toyo R888R's up front (as the eagle eyed of you will see in the pictures) to promote a bit of oversteer. They transformed the car, so along with the rear ARB and some coilovers, it should handle nicely. A few more bits to show, but that's it for now.

Thanks for looking
Working...
X