Slowest 190e build ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowest 190e build ever

Little intro about myself.So I'm 16 year old and I'm curently heading to high school. Okay let's talk more about car. When my dad bought himself new Mercedes he didn't sell his old Mercedes 190e and that car just stood in garage for 6 years covered in dust.About 1 year ago my interest in cars was starting to grow and I started taking care of dads old 190e.Sadly I don't have images how it looked for 6 years but now it looks beautiful.

It has 1.8 engine in it and it also has LPG conversion and full leather seats.Because I'm a student I have very small budget so this build will be slow
    Few images of car(sorry for quality those are phone pictures):

Yes car is curently high but I hope that will change soon
    Last edited by Fila; 10-11-2018, 03:30 PM.

Looks clean, really love that interior. Amber blinkers for life Followed you on instagram

Comment

Waking up my old thread...
      Anyways car still sits high on same springs and it's on same wheels.
      Done some modifications on the outside but most of them on the inside but most of the work on it went into maintanence and now it finally drives without any hickups

Click on text under for images of "mods":

Fitted Golf mk3 lip to my bumper and put yellow foil on the inside of fog lights

Also put few led stripes under the dash and behind seats so I have light for cruising at night and it's connected on switch so it won't run all the time (they are warm white not yellow)

Painted my instrument cluster gauges red(still waiting for cheap rev gauge to come up for sale somewhere)

Added USA style bulbs to my blinkers and taillights

Also made my console lights more modern but still classic looking(on camera it looks like it shines too much but in person it doesn't)

This is how car curently sits

There are few other modifications I did but I don't want to make this post whole page long and did just briefly update

Headlight wipers will maybe soon come since I love that rare oem+ look and aiming to make my car look as close to oem but still tastefully modified

Again sorry for waking up old thread but I kinda want to start updating it regulary

Comment

So car changed alot since last update.
        I lowered it alot(still need to lower the front more), refurbished wheels and got new bbs bumper and also repainted all bumpers and side trim in another (custom) color but still maintained orginal two tone look.

My car went to a car show for the first time ever and it was awesome and I loved the positive feedback for new look and also got a few professional photos of car

Comment

BBS bumper looks killer. Great job so far Regards from neighbour (Slovenia :P).

Comment

Originally posted by whiteghost View Post
            BBS bumper looks killer. Great job so far Regards from neighbour (Slovenia :P).
            Yea this bumper really changed the whole front of the car

Comment

Decided to try out some cheap alcantara wrap for my shifter surrounding which had cracked clear on it so I sanded it and layed alcantara on top of it. It came out pretty good and if it holds up good I will order more and wrap rest of little plastic pieces in interior cuz it fits my oem+ theme

Also car is now lower for about 1cm allaround since last pictures and got it's wheels repainted but I don't have any new pictures

Comment

Clean car. That Alcantara came out nice.

Comment

Originally posted by anti-seize View Post
                  Clean car. That Alcantara came out nice.
                  Thanks

Comment

So finally exiting update. Got new wheels for great price because the guy owning them needed to get rid of them fast because he needed more space in garage. They are VW Phaeton winter wheels. Specs are 7.5x16 ET 40. I already tested rear with 20mm spacer and they are almost spot on but the fronts need 10mm spacer to get fitment right on point.

Also does anyone know will 195/45 stretch just a little bit on 7.5 or it won´t stretch at all?

Comment

Im a huge fan of those wheels! They look like similar to the Schmidt TH wheels, but fit your W201 so perfectly.

btw the combo between the BBS bumper and diesel fenders sets this thing off so well!

came maybe drop the whole car a couple inches as well

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                        Im a huge fan of those wheels! They look like similar to the Schmidt TH wheels, but fit your W201 so perfectly.

btw the combo between the BBS bumper and diesel fenders sets this thing off so well!

came maybe drop the whole car a couple inches as well
                        Car will be lowered in the rear for maybe 1-2 cm but in the front I am dealing with the problem of being bottomed out on bump stops all the time so need to get a hold of e36 front shocks because they are smaller and will allow me to get lower stance

Comment

E46 and not ford ranger shocks? Either way, yes to the lowering the front and rear! The car and wheels are there, just need stance next

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Druze, auto je na pohvalu.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                              E46 and not ford ranger shocks? Either way, yes to the lowering the front and rear! The car and wheels are there, just need stance next
                              I agree I need to get stance on point with this setup

Originally posted by myron View Post
                              Druze, auto je na pohvalu.
                              Hvala

Comment

Working...
                              X