It was all a dream - B5 S4 Avant Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was all a dream - B5 S4 Avant Build

I bought an S4 and I plan on telling you guys about it. I have always considered a b5 s4 avant to be the ultimate wagon and a Brilliant Black six speed popped up on my local craigslist, AoA onlyimported 172 of these to the good ol USA. Becuz Amricans **** station wagons anyways...

It needed some(read: alot) cash tossed at it to run right(read: faster) but it was priced slightly under market and the bones were good.

I took a mechanic friend of mine down who works on Audis for a living and he green lit the car after spending an hour on his hand and knees looking it over.

I left with the avant the next day. It has a few modification, and a lot of issues that need to be fixed. Part of me wanted to buy it just to save it from a teenager, or someone who would poorly modify a cult car blow it up and leave it in a junkyard. The other part of me wanted to buy it so I can keep it forever, only time will tell.

Next came the parts, and man did I order a lot of them-

Engine / Trans
    -Frankenturbos with bored inlets
    -Siemens Deka 550cc injectors
    -Bosch "040" drop in fuel pump
    -Coil packs
    -Every gasket under the sun
    -Eurodyne software
    -ER intercoolers
    -034 motorsports engine mount/ trans mount/ snubmount/ solid subframe bushings
    -Clutchmasters fx400
    -Clutchmasters flywheel
    (Luckily the timing belt and tensioners were just done with receipts to prove it along with 2.8 heads, it slipped time under the previous owner, which resulted in this all being done)

Other stancey things I ordered-
    -BFG G-force all season 225/40s
    -1552 Tarmacs 18x8.5 et35

Things the avant came with
    -Downpipes
    -JHM Short Shifter
    -JHM Trans brace
    -St coilovers they actually ride very nice but it may be because the control arms all look very fresh
    -GIAC tune of some sort
    -ECS vented boost gauge
    -Custom "backyard special" 3in exhaust system (going to have to figure this out)
    -Nogaro interior minus the rear seat back
    -Real carbon fiber trim
    -ST Coilovers (not blown)
    -A terrible replica rs4 bumper of some sort, it needs a good burning.
    -rS4 grill

So that's it. I'll have pictures shortly hopefully it will also be on the road soon.

I am happy to own one of my personal top 3 VAG cars of all time. Even knowing the immensity of the bills and problems that come with B5 S4s, I couldn't be happier.
    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
    S4 Avant - Build Thread
Working...
X