X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool

Instagram: jellismotors

Comment

Yessss! Thought about doing an IRS while you're in the zone?

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post
        That would be sick lol

Comment

This is awesome. looking forward to updates - gonna be so wierd to hear it and see a stang!
          91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
          ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Originally posted by delvin View Post
            While the IRS is doable it will not hold up to the abuse that I intend to do. I'll probably switch up the 4 link to a torque arm/panhard bar in the future.

Comment

This seems like sacrilege and I love it.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Originally posted by TRD Pony View Post
                While the IRS is doable it will not hold up to the abuse that I intend to do. I'll probably switch up the 4 link to a torque arm/panhard bar in the future.

With the Full Tilt Boogie bushing kit it'll handle whatever you throw at it, there are plenty of big hp terminators running IRS. But if you are trying to drag race this badboy and side step the clutch at 5k I understand your worry.

I still contend a properly set up IRS is more than capable

Comment

Hell yes this is awesome.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Sorry for the delayed update! I have had quite a few parts flowing in at this point, So I figured I would update everyone.

So here I have a vibrant merge collector that is 4in single into dual 3in. There is also a 2-bolt 3in to 4in vband adapter that I will be using to connect to the stock exhaust. But, this will allow for future growth into a 4in midpipe. I also have a 4in v-band and 2 3in v-bands to connect my mufflers to the tailpipes I previously posted.

This has been the biggest slow down at this point. I have finished up the drawings and cad file for the shifter tower. I just sent off the files today so hopefully I am back on track at this point.

This is a new oil/air oil cooler. I had to go to this rather than the factory oil/water oil cooler because the factory cooler placed the oil filter right in the mounting pad for the motor mounts. This will give me a lot more room in that area.

Here I have all the -an fittings to convert the power steering lines to -an. I also have a billet power steering reservoir and billet power steering pump to an fitting.

These are just a bunch of assorted vacuum line. I'll need quite a bit of this stuff because of all the complicated sequential twin turbo vacuum systems.

This is a factory toyota gasket kit including head gasket if need be.

These items are generally a pretty good idea to replace on the 2jz just to ensure good maintence. Water pump, thermostat, timing belt tensioner and belt, pcv valve and hoses, idler bearing.

Here I have a bunch of assorted wiring supplies, including expandable sleeving and a alternator wiring kit.

These two are my dakota digital signal converters for both tach and speedo.

This is an assortment of deutsch dtm connectors. I will be using these where I can for my wiring connections so everything remains serviceable and easy to connect/disconnect.

This is a small 2 relay box by littlefuse that I will be using for powering the fuel pump and maybe pumps in the future. I'll be running a 10awg wire straight from battery source to the trunk and connect to this relay box. This will ensure that the fuel pumps will get consistent power.

Here I have my bussmann relay box that I will be using in the engine compartment. This will be used to connect to the factory 2jz wiring as it does factory and power the efi main relays, a/c, and starter. This relay box packaging is really neat and tidy which is my main goal with the wiring.

Here I have a walbro 485 e85 fuel pump and teflon submersible hose. I also have the fuel pump safety switch, which primes the pump at key on and uses a tach signal to activate the pump. This will connect to the relays in the back to trigger the pumps.

The last thing I have here is a pulse width modulated fan controller. This will gradually increase fan speed as the radiator demands it. It also has the ability to overide the sensor and run full power and can be setup to keep the fans on for 90 seconds after shut off of ignition.

Comment

You doin it right my man. Looking forward to more!

Comment

That's a good looking update.

Comment

Just finished my walbro 450 e85 pump install. I had to modify the bracket to fit the 50mm end of the pump and used corrugated teflon submersible hose that many of the oems used in flex fuel vehicles.

Comment

Hey everyone! Haven't done an update in a little bit so I thought I would catch things up some.

Mounted up an oil cooler with a thermostatic switch.

First time welding anything stainless steel and it came out okay. 3in 2bolt to 4in v-band to dual 3in exhaust.

I picked up a 12x24x4.5 garret core for my intercooler. Now, as I was watching other builds I came across twins turbos supra build and I am guilty of getting inspired by their work and craftsmanship. So I am attempting to create my own hammer form for my endtanks.

First rough cuts of the wood

Quick swipe through the bandsaw

After a whole lot of sanding and shaping I have the forms for my endtanks.

Here is a rough layout for the upper water pipe.

Here a picture of how the car looks now. It has a silly hood that the previous owner put on. There is a fake hood scoop that was just killing me to look at. So I decided to do something about it. So I got a stock hood and found a really nice heat extractor hood vent. I will mold it into the hood when I get a chance, but overall I am really pleased with it.

Comment

Nice updates.

Comment

Dude this build is so SICK! I can't wait to see more man.

Lol and yeah please change that damn hood haha

Comment

Working...
                                X