No announcement yet.

Project TRD Pony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have finally started the motor for the first time and it fired right up. I still have quite a bit let to do but it is reassuring knowing that it runs!

Comment

I love first starts on motor swaps.

Comment

The day has finally come! This project has taken a long time for everything to come together, but I am really happy with how things have turned out.

I had made my smog referee appointment a few weeks ago and today was finally the day to get the swap 100% legalized in California. I have heard that there have been a few sc300s that have gone through this process but I don't think there has ever been another vehicle outside the toyota/Lexus family to do it. I knew what was needed to make it happen so I continued on this path. I now have a 100% legal 2jz-gte with v160 in a Mustang and can at least have a little less worry if I get pulled over.

Without further ado

Here is the mustang at the smog ref about to be tested.

And here is the golden ticket attached to my b pillar.

Comment

congratulations dude!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
          Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

I have been enjoying being able to drive this car around for a little bit now. Pretty much as soon as I got home from the smog ref I went full bpu and the added power is pretty great!. Now I am just prepping for doing some road racing with the car. I have a two day event at streets of willow this weekend and another two day event at big willow and streets of willow the next month.

Since the sn95's radiator pulls from under the front bumper and the intercooler now completely covered the holes that it used to use, I decided to cut the front bumper a bit to allow a little more airflow through the front of the car.

I also got the car aligned and corner balances to get ready for the track.

Comment

this is awesome man, definetly go barra in the future tho

Comment

Also a California resident here. Ive been wanting to do an engine swap for years now, but Smog/Emissions has scared me. Is there any information you'd mind sharing about your visit with the DMV.
                Thanks either way! Love the build

Comment

Well the first track day is done with the car and it did really well. I was able to get a good feel for how the car behaves and see if there were any bugs left. Luckily with all the prep I have done it was a breeze. I have another 2 day track event at big willow and streets of willow again June 2-3. I can't wait to get back to the track and hopefully with video because everyone said it sounded so good out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red View Post
                    Also a California resident here. Ive been wanting to do an engine swap for years now, but Smog/Emissions has scared me. Is there any information you'd mind sharing about your visit with the DMV.
                    Thanks either way! Love the build
                    If you really want to do a swap please take a look at BAR's engine change guidelines. You pretty much have to get the engine 100% functionally the same as when it was in the other vehicle. So no jdm or euro only options.

Comment

I updated the look a little now and I am really liking the grey on the car.

Had a good time at Streets of Willow for my first real track day and ended up with 1:35.474

Comment

Car looks great!

Comment

so sick!
                          99 GS 400
                          85' 190d
                          99 Q45 (slightly nicer)
                          97' q45 (rip)
                          ig: erik.docx

Comment

My car got featured on the smoking tire one take series!

Comment

Freakin sweet!!

Who woulda thunk, Very interesting build im on board for whatever happens from here!!
                              I just need something to go from point A to point B
                              so i bought 3 bmws
                              @cressidodd

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X