No announcement yet.

Seeking Advice (maybe a little motivation) - LT1 + York Compressor for Air Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice (maybe a little motivation) - LT1 + York Compressor for Air Ride

this is the only site I could think of in seeking help, so don't let me down guys!
    I have a 72 Jaguar XJ12 w/ an LT1 Swap and full air ride.

The previous owner ran the AC Delco AC compressor to fill the tanks. The 'in' side he'd just spray lube into the inlet hose almost every time he took the car out. So, I wasn't as adamant about it when I drove the car and burnt the pump up....replaced it with another one and that one burnt up the same day. lol.

So, I did some research and ordered the york 210. I'm wondering if anyone here has done a similar type of install on anything at all w/ a SBC? i'd read several places that you must:
    • run a water/oil separator
    • mount the compressor completely level
    • Have some sort of air filtration on the 'in' side
    • Have at least 3 ft of steel braided tubing on the inlet side to dissepate the heat

Are these accurate?

Im a little confused how the oil will stay in the case for the compressor if the inlet isnt closed and/or system is closed? Where do I run the inlet tube to that runs to the compressor?

Very, very appreciative of any and all feedback here. Not looking for ****, just someone to educate a little Peace from MinneRapolis!

Anyone??

Comment

Working...
    X