Thank you Seat, for the worst name a car could have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Seat, for the worst name a car could have

Hi everyone, my name is Lorenzo, I'm writing from Italy and I want to talk you about my cars.

After I sold my E21 (sorry, I lost the few pictures I had) I had no project cars, and it seems to bit odd for me.
    I started this new job, so I needed a cheap, small car, so I found this Seat (which is a VW Lupo with a different badge), with a 1.veryslow engine.

After a whole year of no mods i became pretty bored, so I bought coilovers and wheels, and the mods became.

Model:
    Seat Arosa 6H 1.0 Stella (2003)

Interior:
    Gear knob from Golf V (don't know the model)

Exterior:
    Rear wiper deleted
    Model badge deleted
    "Shark" Antenna from a Golf V (working)
    Rear light from a Lupo (almost working)

Mechanics:
    FK Street Coilovers modded by Paco (so very very low, even if I don't lowered that much)

Wheels:
    Ronal R8 15x7

So i drive her for a whole year like this

Then i changed the rear light because they were from NFUS (no photo, sorry)

When we mounted they coilovers, it became less ugly

(Extra pictures, I tried some of my friend's wheels)

After that I notice my passenger axle start to hitting the frame, so i need to notch the frame

In the meantime i bought some used wheels from a guy

They were so bad, need refurbished so bad

Put some fresh rubber

Try other friend's wheels

Find a stock sister

And finally mount it on the car

While I wait for the new bolts to came, I washed the interior of the car e paint all the side panels plastics with texturize black paint, because all the original rubber-like was shit (same defect that you find in the interior of Golf IV)

Then I did some minor modification to fit the wheels

(yeah, i didn't like that stance at all, but I was in hurry, because...)

The most important meeting of the year: The Banana Meeting, best of the italian's meetings, hosted by the forum Cleaned.it (here the article that my friends from Spaghetti Garage made: http://www.spaghettigarage.com/banan...alf-september/ )

And that's all for now, after that I had to raise my car for passing the italian equivalent of the MOT, and stay like that for all the winter/spring.
    Now I lowered it put the Ronal on again, but that is a story for another post...

PS: (sorry for my bad english, i tried my best)

Haha this looks great! I had one of these as my first car and yes - quite possibly the slowest car in existence!

Comment

Yo this is cool man, this is basically the Lupo's twin brother

Love the wheels too man

Comment

Originally posted by Vermilion View Post
        Haha this looks great! I had one of these as my first car and yes - quite possibly the slowest car in existence!
        Thanks man!
        Don't tell me about, but is so cheap to run then

For a moment I had the crazy idea to swap it a 1.8t, but then I need another daily

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
        Yo this is cool man, this is basically the Lupo's twin brother

Love the wheels too man
        Yeah, they have pretty much the 80% of parts in common with the Lupo

Thanks man, I love them too, they don't see too much around

Comment

Always had soft spot for the Lupo/Arosa myself!

Looks pretty nice dude!

What else you planning on doing to it?
          Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
          www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
            Always had soft spot for the Lupo/Arosa myself!

Looks pretty nice dude!

What else you planning on doing to it?
            Not too much, but mostly not in the near time, after the summer I'm going to bye another car to use in the weekends, because this one is so slow!

I think I'm gonna do little things first, like small driver mirror, new headliner and other small stuff, than I'm gonna change the coilovers and I want to run some 14 3pc wheel, but like I say, the last two items are a long term project

Comment

No lie, I laughed when I saw this thing, not because it looks bad, but because you don't see tiny cars like this in the States (atleast not in Georgia), except the Fiat and a 80s model Toyota Yaris. I like this tho, it's like a mini Golf, badass.

Comment

ISnt it highly illegal and such to modify a car in Italy??

That little thing looks pretty sweet on those wheels. That rear bumper/Quarter panel joing body line is.... Odd lol
                IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

Originally posted by FearNLoathing View Post
                  No lie, I laughed when I saw this thing, not because it looks bad, but because you don't see tiny cars like this in the States (atleast not in Georgia), except the Fiat and a 80s model Toyota Yaris. I like this tho, it's like a mini Golf, badass.
                  Yeah, I imagine, you have pretty big cars over there, imagine now that is lowered and the roof is under 150cm (59inch)

Well they wasn't officialy imported in the USA, but Jamie (from Orchid Euro) imported one some years ago, I see some photo of him at H20

Originally posted by laextreme5 View Post
                  ISnt it highly illegal and such to modify a car in Italy??

That little thing looks pretty sweet on those wheels. That rear bumper/Quarter panel joing body line is.... Odd lol
                  Yes, I don't really like either the rear quarter, especially the shape of the rear fender, a nightmare for a nice fit, but when I see the front quarter... well I start to really like it this shoes box

About the mods, yes, in Italy is pretty much illegal to modify a piece on your car (apart from the bodykits, but even there there are many rules) and if you want to do something, you must re-register the car and hope they don't bother you (for example, my friends bought a E36 M3 last month, and for registering only to his name he paid 1100€!)
                  So, what we do? Well we do the same and hope the police don't caught us or charge for anything, so yeah, welcome to Italy, the worst country for modding your car

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                    Yeah, I imagine, you have pretty big cars over there, imagine now that is lowered and the roof is under 150cm (59inch)

Well they wasn't officialy imported in the USA, but Jamie (from Orchid Euro) imported one some years ago, I see some photo of him at H20

Yes, I don't really like either the rear quarter, especially the shape of the rear fender, a nightmare for a nice fit, but when I see the front quarter... well I start to really like it this shoes box

About the mods, yes, in Italy is pretty much illegal to modify a piece on your car (apart from the bodykits, but even there there are many rules) and if you want to do something, you must re-register the car and hope they don't bother you (for example, my friends bought a E36 M3 last month, and for registering only to his name he paid 1100€!)
                    So, what we do? Well we do the same and hope the police don't caught us or charge for anything, so yeah, welcome to Italy, the worst country for modding your car
                    Yeah i remeber reading Dino's article over on Speedhunters about it. Thats got to suck man. How can a country with some of the most beautifully made cars have such strict rules about modifying. Quite ironic.
                    IG @gt3_brz

My Mustang Build
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1552949

My BRZ Build
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86482

My F100 Build
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97329

Comment

Originally posted by laextreme5 View Post
                      Yeah i remeber reading Dino's article over on Speedhunters about it. Thats got to suck man. How can a country with some of the most beautifully made cars have such strict rules about modifying. Quite ironic.
                      Exactly, you find the irony in that

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post

Rear wheel arch reminds me of the Diablo. Coincidence? I think not! Nice mini Lamborghini Diablo man.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post

Rear wheel arch reminds me of the Diablo. Coincidence? I think not! Nice mini Lamborghini Diablo man.
                          Ahah, I wish

For me they remember me the rear arch of this one

Well, in any case she maybe look like a serious car but she's not

Comment

So, I think it’s for another update, don’t you think?
                            Nothing radical, I made some of the ideas I had, starting with rolling the rear quarter, so my tires can last longer

(stealing this photo to my good friend Andrea )

Than with my engineer friend Paolo, we made some calculation and order a new set of shorter springs from the U.K., so I can go lower in the rear (left stock right new and shorter one)

But like always, something has to go wrong...

The collar was like 2mm bigger than inside of the springs, so I call my other friend Federico, and like always he save my ass (he’s the left one in the first photo, always with an hat, love you man)

And when he give me back my collar modded, he lend me some magic tool...

Simply because I made a mess even in the front arches

In the meantime, I did some shopping...

Always thanks to my friend Paolo Engineered, I found out one of my favourite steering wheels at a price which I couldn’t say no, so I bought it

Here mount it (not straight, of course)

Always talking about shopping, my closest friend Davide was parting his old Lupo, so a grab it most of the interior for a couple of beer, so if you need anything, slide me a DM

I grab it even the rear bumper, because I wanted the black piece under, only for seeing later that is another shape, me stupid.

And finally I mounted everything on a hot week in August

Here on the side of my mate GTI, at the best (and my only one) meeting here in Italy

And last but not least, I sell my wheels to my friend his girlfriend’s Golf

And like an hour later I bought some wheels

I think they are perfect, for now is everything, now i rolling on the original steel wheels for the winter, next season I choose which tires I’m gonna mount.

Just wanna thanks my friends and my crew for all the help, I would never have built without them, love u all <3

Here some other random photos

Last edited by DawsonLiri; 10-24-2016, 11:46 AM. Reason: Wrong photo

Comment

So clean! Really like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X