No announcement yet.

Sorta cool ra24 Celica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celica looking nice! What camera do youshoot with?
    Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Nice dude, I'm super diggin

Comment

Those tires look huge on their IMO. Are those steelies like 15X8?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
        I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by CDeez5 View Post
          Celica looking nice! What camera do youshoot with?
          Thanks man! Right now I'm shooting with a Sony A6000 and that shoot I used my 50mm f1.8 lens.

Originally posted by Greasy63 View Post
          Nice dude, I'm super diggin
          Thanks it's been a huge undertaking so far

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          Those tires look huge on their IMO. Are those steelies like 15X8?
          Yeah the tires are too big IMO. I'm waiting on my coilovers to be built and shipped to me so I can do my measurements for tires. The steelies are 15x8 0 offset.
          sigpic

Old Japanese cars are my thing
          Follow me on the gram @driftundertheradar

Comment

I'd go with 195/45/15's. Some Proxes would do this car a serious justice if you can justify paying that much just to mount them on steelies haha.

Comment

I'd go with 195/45/15's. Some Proxes would do this car a serious justice if you can justify paying that much just to mount them on steelies haha.

I've tossed around the idea of 195/45/15's but I would like to see if I could get away with 205/50/15 falken azenis for a beefier look.
              sigpic

Comment

Biggest update in a little bit

I know it has been a few months, but nothing has really been going on until now. My custom front coilovers came a couple of weeks ago and I was finally able to put them in. I still have to play around with the ride height, but for now it is pretty even with the rear.

I also got around to finish coating the interior. If you are wondering it is actually bed liner for trucks. I figured this would be the best route for now instead of dealing with stained and ripped 70's carpet.

However today, a very special package arrived. I have been shopping around for a steering wheel for awhile,, but none of the ones I saw really stood out to me. Renown was a company I had heard of, but never checked out. I was looking around their site and found the steering wheel I was looking for.

It is the Renown Monaco Motorsport wheel. Yes I know that the colors on this wheel are from the BMW M series and that you would think this would only go BMW's.

I think the wheel looks fantastic and it is the perfect depth for my driving position settings on my racing seat... yes I said racing seat, but that is for another update.

PS: for the people looking for aftermarket steering wheels for their first gen Celica or any other Toyota older than the AE86, use a hub adapter for an AE86 because it is the same spline (I'm guessing) as all the other older Toyotas.
                For reference I used the NRG SRK 120-H hub adapter and a NRG SRK 200 BK quick release.
                sigpic

Comment

Yea I wish the Renown didn't have the M colors stitched in but still looks sweet!

Comment

These cars always remind me of midget 69' camaro's lmao

Comment

These cars always remind me of midget 69' camaro's lmao
                      I never thought about it until now lol. I see what you are talking about
                      sigpic

Comment

The Reveal... sort of

Alright here she is. I don't have any solo photos of it, but I got some photos of it at Import Alliance. Somehow a friend (AE86) and I managed to get our cars into the spotlight/showcase area of Import Alliance.

As you can tell my car is a monster truck compared to the orange Celica, but he was tucking under his fenders and I'm not trying to be that low. For now the only thing that this car "needs" is a chin spoiler and a rear spoiler. However, I am in the process of making a rear spoiler that I think will look good.

Maybe tomorrow I will make a build post to show everything that has been done. But for now this is it!
                        sigpic

Comment

looks killer man! would love to at least see the small amount of wheel gap gone. in for more!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                          Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
                            looks killer man! would love to at least see the small amount of wheel gap gone. in for more!
                            Thanks man! For now I would like to get the car sorted mechanically before I worry about lowering it more.
                            sigpic

Comment

Alright it has been awhile since I last posted on this site. Finals are now done in school and it is summer time for me. So to celebrate, I thought it would be a good idea to update this build thread. I know in the last "update" I just threw up some photos of the completed car from Import Alliance. However I left out some things that really make this car special IMO.

For starters, the car has had a half cage installed along with a racing bucket and a set of harnesses. It is an NRG seat, which to be honest isn't the greatest thing ever, but I was in a pinch for a seat and it holds up fine for normal driving. Later on down the line, I would like to get a set of the "confetti" Recaro's and some other harnesses. Also the original door cards and back seat have been replaced with Techno Toy Tuning (T3) powder coated aluminum panels.

Next on the to do list was to replace my flex pipe ( No joke the entire exhaust system from the manifold back was 1 1/2 inch rusty flex pipe). To remedy this problem, I bought a ceramic coated OBX header and had a 2 1/2 exhaust with a glass pack installed. I can now confirm that the car no longer sounds like a tractor and it actually sounds decent.

Just to be fun, I drove the car to school on the last day. I couldn't leave it how it was looking, so I plastidipped the right side wheels teal and the other side orange. I know some people will not like it, but remember it is just plastidip and can be removed at anytime. After school that day, my dad and I drove our cars back up to the school to snag some photos before we continued building over the summer.

Anyways, that is it for now!

-Kobe
                              Last edited by Golden Gramps; 06-02-2017, 06:42 PM. Reason: pictures were wrong
                              sigpic

Comment

I originally did not want to do this project until the winter, but an opportunity presented itself so I pulled the trigger.

It is a Toyota 22R out of a newer Celica. I want to build a 20R/22R hybrid motor so I can have more than 90hp in the Celica. The main reason for doing this is because I plan on drifting this car at the beginning of the season next year. This motor will allow me to get closer to other cars drifting. The current 20R in the car makes around 90hp from the factory, so it probably makes around the same now since it does have a header.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X