Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old friend returns..

What up fam?

I have been a StanceWorks rep for a few years and actually joined the forum in 2012 but never formally introduced myself as I thought I was a minority being from Australia... Little did I know we are probably one of the larger SW collectives around the world! So I thought, better late than never, here is a little bit about me and my rides.

I am a classic car enthusiast. From a young age was very much all for the Jap scene, until I realised I couldn't settle for anything less than an R34 GT-R V-Spec. With that being said, I also realised I couldn't afford something like that for a while, so my focus shifted to the Euro scene - and I've never looked back.

I started out with an E30, a mint condition 1991 318is. As it was my first car and was completely stock, I was a little hesitant to make any modifications and didn't get the chance to before I wrote her off (R.I.P.) in the rain like an idiot. Here is a couple of pics of what she looked like:

Feeling pretty depressed and not knowing where to go next, it took a while before I could seriously consider another vehicle. As I was still on my P's, I wasn't looking for power or performance. I just wanted a cruiser that would get me from A-B, something easy to drive, but still had that classic Euro flavour to it. I quickly found my diamond in the rough - a 1995 Mercedes Benz E220.

A heavy, slow, boat-like vehicle, she doesn't get around that quickly. But for what she lacks in speed and performance, she absolutely makes up in comfort and driver experience.

Due to a lack of budget, I completed some pretty standard mods; rims, muffler, window tint, Euro plate change (surprisingly this made a huge difference), but I still wanted her to look clean/like a sleeper.

To what you see today:

Clearly there is a key element missing, which is her lowered stance. The next logical mod was to bag her but unfortunately a significant event in my life happened, in that I fell in love with my next car. Spotted at the Motorclassica event in Melbourne last year, I could not look past this 1979 Mercedes Benz 450 SLC.

Considering I have little money to spend, 1 demerit point remaining/not wanting to run the risk driving a defected car as it is my daily driver until my points renew later this year, and (in general) the valuation of a car being higher the less modifications it has to it, I decided to not bag my current Benz and save the funds for my future Benz. I am hoping to purchase her in the next couple of months, with the first mod already confirmed to have her put on bags through my local fitment shop.

I believe for all automotive enthusiasts a car is an expression of you as a person, a reflection of the dedication and passion that you have for something, and as such I will always treat other people's rides with the utmost respect, regardless of what type of car it is/what has been done to it. I can only hope that a similar appreciation is shown to me, even though I haven't been able to stance my car yet; it is something I cannot wait to do in the not so distant future.

Much love to all SW's reps worldwide.

Amila
    Last edited by amillionaire; 06-05-2016, 08:49 AM.
Working...
X