Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kriss View Post
    nah rear is sunken like shit

to have a magazine dedicated to fitment/stance you'd need rim/tyre on guard and rails on the ground, not too many cars in aus that would genuinly cut it
    yours would just posy up the rear camber and you're set
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

stance in Aus is sort of like a by-product of other scenes at the moment. You have guys with stanced cars in the jdm scene, euro, drift, vip, etc etc, but it's not quite big enough to warrant it's own direct following just yet.

That being said, nothing except exposure will help it grow, so something like this is a great idea. By showing only a selection of cars with the right fitment, you don't need to mention or worry about the size (or lack thereof) of the scene, you just show the good stuff that people will love.

Remember guys, there's probably a bunch of 15/16 year old kids out there who will pick up the magazine, love what they see, and then endeavor to build their own stanced car. Remember when you were younger, how much magazines influenced you? That's how it all starts, and in a few years they'll be the ones coming out with their own cars.

sorry if any of this has been mentioned, couldn't be assed reading all the posts

Comment

^^^ Anth you are so on the money there!!

Also, the first issue of BAGGED was a tear sheet; which is where we put together a magazine by taking minitrucks that were featured in other magazines over a decent period of time and putting them all together in one place.

It was also put together on our lounge room floor, because my other half identified the possible market for the dedicated scene and didnt want to miss the oppourtunity.

Bagged was recieved so well, regardless of the content, and after flicking through Bagged 3 yesterday afternoon, which is all new content it is looking to improve every issue!
        In desperate need of a cool signature...

Comment

Well if you need any features shot, be sure to let me know..
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

i'd love a copy.

but the only thing letting this down is the people that have wack ideas on stance.
            it annoys me really.. wheels out the guards with -6 camber, to me isnt hella flush.

its mexican and not legal, although has a mad stance. a car i.e - kriss's isnt out the guards yet still has a mad stance.

however people are going to see that and question why kriss's car is in. which ruins it.
            stanced should mean, stance. killer ride height and all round mean looking. not how wide the wheels are imho. that said, i dont want to see bog stock commodores laying rails because the springs were removed on cepters.
            affraid of heights support group member.

N13 streeter, 300zx twin turbo track.

Comment

MEXICAN = GAY

fitment should mean wheels that fit, but if its gna be a stanced magazine it has to be about overall package not just wheels

Comment

Id be keen to see one launched and see it become a success. It doesnt need to be monthly to start with, 3 or 4 issues a year, but filled with genuine content and not page fillers.

Always keen to shoot something in SA as well
                www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers, Understeer Scares The Driver

Comment

Originally posted by mr zed x View Post
                  in.

but wont take off, to many ricers with 22x6 +77 wheels around sadly.

Comment

wish we had something like this!!

Comment

Paper media is dieing. E-Zine would be the way to go, much more cost effective, easier to get the word out and advertise online, and you don't have any massive overheads to recover by relying on people paying for it! Do it for free and if people like it then you can approach companies to advertise in it.

I reckon a quarterly issue would be doable, and would be a great way to follow peoples build progress and local events too.

I'd be down to help with writeups or editing/graphics stuffs
                      FRUSH

Comment

Working...
                      X