This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filthy E39

A few months ago I copped my first BMW which was an E36 325is.

I enjoyed driving the car and within the first two weeks the water pump shit itself and I redid the cooling system shortly after that I got the style 5's.

I got bored of the style 5's and was looking for 16x9.5s which I found but ended up making the car look a bit more normal for my tastes so I kept putting off wheels. After driving it I found myself falling victim to exactly what I didn't want to do and that was make it faster and better and basically a race car.
    So I sold it like this with no wheels fixed the hood and all the other problems it had. I loved the car but I wanted something to chill in without having to force driving it when I needed to move.

I wanted an e34 but there were none available when I sold my car so I hit up a guy from the facebook BMW group who had posted his car a few weeks back. He still had gave me a price and threw in the wheels. Didn't have a clutch fan but didn't overheat which was my biggest concern above all the other things that needed to be addressed. Hood was wrapped in silver which I started taking off but got bored real quick. I found a bumper but one of the brackets is cracked so I have to get another bracket but I think I will just wait around and buy an M5 bumper which will probably be the only M thing I put on purpose. One thing i was really hyped on was the coilovers. My e36 had some maxspeeds which were ok but I could never get the drivers side as low as the passenger side. Although I didn't have to work as hard to drive over speed bumps with the e36 the overall enjoyment of my e39 is way more pleasing. More to come im the next few weeks before I get into more serious matters like wheels and more suspension bits.

Broke a pulley and water pump started leaking but I got a front bumper and matching moldings from a 2002. Still need those headlight pieces though.

Comment

lets see some more Pictures !

so far I quite like what I see.

Comment

Thanks, I finally went and put the moldings on, hard to tell in the picture but no more black textured moldings. Hopefully I can get the rear bumper tomorrow.

Comment

Not so much stance work going on. My water pump went and there's no replacements anywhere until Thursday.
          I've also been neglecting my setup because despite its ugly appearance BMW and car enthusiasts alike , enjoy everything about it at least what they hear and see.
          I want to get rid of the tucked look especially up front and I need to fix the rear fenders. I've been looking into power flex bushings and some adjustable rear control arms for the future and spacers even though I'm not sure how much I'll need to get the wheel to poke a little. I don't think I would have to go crazy in the back but the fronts are pretty snug under the wheel wells.

Comment

Following

Scottish idiot with an unhealthy E39 obsession... @scumbag_mike

Comment

Working...
            X