Making a transition with my e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a transition with my e36

Just busted an oil pan on my static e36 (yes, I had a skid plate lol) and am looking to upgrade to air.. Don't have the time nor patience to deal with busted pans, especially since the skid plate didn't help as much as I was hoping. I'm just wanting to throw this out and get a few opinions, because I'm currently on BWS 500S super lows with 16k/22k setup. I have the options of either:
    A) running air cups with some manual management
    B) upgrading to bag over struts and running a management
    C) going ahead and selling the BWS and getting a full airride kit from someone like Airlift

I'm new to air, I know it makes pshhh noises and makes some for some awesome fitment, and preserves the underside of your car.. But I'm balling on a budget here, sorta. I could do the full air ride setup, but still love my broadway's. The 2" air cup idea seems pretty ideal, getting the skid plate another 2" off the ground would really help on long trips..
    The bag overs, I've heard they're crappy and the cheap way out but I haven't been told why that's the case.. A bit of insight into this claim would be greatly appreciated.
    And lastly, going with the full airride swap.. Well, it's self explanatory and I know will fix tons of problems for me, but spending well over $3k on something that isn't attached to a motor is currently difficult to justify.

Like I said earlier, any opinion into the matter at hand will be greatly appreciated. I've got engine risers on the way as well as my fab guy working on building me a steel skid plate, as I'll be staying static for at least another month or maybe two, depending on the direction I take.

Thanks, Alex

Originally posted by truett08 View Post
    Just busted an oil pan on my static e36 (yes, I had a skid plate lol) and am looking to upgrade to air.. Don't have the time nor patience to deal with busted pans, especially since the skid plate didn't help as much as I was hoping. I'm just wanting to throw this out and get a few opinions, because I'm currently on BWS 500S super lows with 16k/22k setup. I have the options of either:
    A) running air cups with some manual management
    B) upgrading to bag over struts and running a management
    C) going ahead and selling the BWS and getting a full airride kit from someone like Airlift

I'm new to air, I know it makes pshhh noises and makes some for some awesome fitment, and preserves the underside of your car.. But I'm balling on a budget here, sorta. I could do the full air ride setup, but still love my broadway's. The 2" air cup idea seems pretty ideal, getting the skid plate another 2" off the ground would really help on long trips..
    The bag overs, I've heard they're crappy and the cheap way out but I haven't been told why that's the case.. A bit of insight into this claim would be greatly appreciated.
    And lastly, going with the full airride swap.. Well, it's self explanatory and I know will fix tons of problems for me, but spending well over $3k on something that isn't attached to a motor is currently difficult to justify.

Like I said earlier, any opinion into the matter at hand will be greatly appreciated. I've got engine risers on the way as well as my fab guy working on building me a steel skid plate, as I'll be staying static for at least another month or maybe two, depending on the direction I take.

Thanks, Alex

IMO I would do your best to save up and go with Air Lift Performances full kit for the e36. Direct bolt in, will go extremely low and rides amazing! If you are on a budget at least go with there bag setup and then go manual for the air management until you can get some more coin for the 3P or 3H. They have awesome customer service and the products are very high quality no disappointments here! Just my opinion and it really saves you from worrying about things such as you mentioned but you still get to enjoy that low lifestyle. The kit would pay for it self aftre bashing your oil pan enough times
    I love my e36

Comment

Working...
    X