Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E34 540i/6 engine work. Progress thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still tinkering around with the project car. I decided I wanted to see how the engine responded to an oversize throttledbody. I've had this universal 90mm unit in my stuff for a while, made a plate to bolt it to the M60 intake manifold.

I've also decided to get to the bottom of the ignition timing and finally find the accurate equation that translates the raw data into crank degrees. In my testing I've found that 75 raw = 10 crank, 87 raw = 20 crank, 100 raw = 30 crank and that x*0.75-45 translates well.

Then I got this idea to convert the TPS over to MAP for load calculations. Wiring a GM 1bar MAP up the TPS wiring and some tuning in the affected load cells the car actually fires up easier, finds steady idle rpm easier and cruises smoother.

Comment

Honestly kind of like the grille! Something needs to be done about that blank space below it though...

Comment

good work

small business ideas
        startup ideas
        business ideas in india

Comment

When in doubt, go GM sensors! Nice work! You still working on the car? Links for pics don't work.

Comment

you have very cool wheels.

Comment

Yeah. The wheels are really cool and hot. I loev them from the first view. Thanks for post.

Comment

Working...
              X