All the way from Germanyland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the way from Germanyland

New guy here with an E36. Currently it is pretty close to stock. Currently running stock suspension, I have FK coilovers waiting to go in, and some Kosei K1 wheels with 225-45-17 tires. This is my street/track set up for now. I am looking for a clean/straight and cheap set of corvette sawblades to use as my street wheels. but I want to get the coilovers installed and set up before I really get into fitting a new set of wheels.

Some of the next mods I plan to get done include a full M3 kit as well as a LTW wing.

I plan to leave the engine pretty much stock just for reliability factor cause bombing down the autobahn on the limiter in 5th can takes its toll.

But anywho, glad to be here, and can't wait to gain the knowledge on how to get the sawblades to fit as good as possible.
    2017 Fiesta ST: S280 turbo w/ all the extra stuff, Ksport coils, Ronal R50 16x7.5 wheels

Welcome! Always had a soft spot for boston green saloons/sedans! Can't wait to see what you do with this!
    I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

cool to see someone remotely local to me !

can you tell me where you got those Kosei´s ??

Last edited by MadMax; 04-25-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I got them from Tirerack. I am US Army and have the luxury of not having to pay customs fees on any packages shipped through USPS. So I can get things for pretty cheap. In fact most of my parts are purchased from ECS Tuning haha.

And the Boston Green is ok at best. It has not been taken care of and is in pretty piss poor shape. I've actually debated spray bombing it because I don't want to splurge on a respray when I get the LTW wing and M3 kit, cause I will be leaving Germany in 2018m plus I don't want to spend that much money on a car I spent 1,500 USD on haha
        2017 Fiesta ST: S280 turbo w/ all the extra stuff, Ksport coils, Ronal R50 16x7.5 wheels

Comment

And thanks for the link, that set is decent looking, but I am still looking to get a set from the US since I can get a full set for around 250-300 shipped, and tires would be another 340 shipped. Add 300 for spacers and I'm right at 1000usd.

Comment

Originally posted by LowerKraut View Post
            I got them from Tirerack. I am US Army and have the luxury of not having to pay customs fees on any packages shipped through USPS. So I can get things for pretty cheap. In fact most of my parts are purchased from ECS Tuning haha.
            damn..that sounds pretty awesome !

clearly you can get Vette wheels cheaper in the US...

Comment

Oh yes. In fact I just bought a pristine absolutely perfect full 17 x 9.5 set of saw blades with center caps for 370 shipped

Comment

sounds awesome !

if you ever want to get rid of those Koseis let me know !

also if you ever need help with translating something or some shit lemme know i´m in stuttgart once or twice a week...
                Last edited by MadMax; 04-26-2016, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Sweet. What I need are car guy friends. I don't know anyone here since Ich sprechen kein Duetsche.

And maybe on the Koseis. I got them as a set of track wheels and I do plan to keep them, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by LowerKraut View Post
                    Some of the next mods I plan to get done include a full M3 kit as well as a LTW wing.
                    Sounds good, i'll hope you will share it with us.
                    greets

Comment

And of course the asshole eBay seller sent me a message saying that the wheels were "stolen" last night. I guess he should have put a reserve so they wouldn't have sold for $255. Oh well, I have already purchased 3 9.5" sawblades with just a 4th left to get. And I may end up running 8.5" sawblades on the front instead of the 9.5". Oh well, just means it is going to take me a little more time to get the wheel and tire set up than if I got all the wheels from the same place.

Comment

Update:

So the E36 is going to be sold after I pick up an E30 touring. The best part about the Touring is I can take it back with me to the states, and then I can have a rare and cool car back there.

Comment

And just picked up 2 sets of 17 x 8 et 35 AC Schnitzer Type IIs and 1 set of 17 x 8.5 et13 Borbet Type A with raised caps. Spent 680 Euro total and 1 set of AC and the Borbets have tires on them haha.

Gonna be getting 215/40 and 205/40 tires to throw on the borbets so I can put em on the E36.

Comment

Working...
                          X