Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered Diesel/ South Carolina

Hey-
    Just stopping in to say hi- seems to be a pretty cool group of people here. I'm in Charleston, SC and have a 05 Duramax. Any questions ask away!

Other than lowering (which is surprising on a Duramax) what performance mods? Any "moar low" plans?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
      Other than lowering (which is surprising on a Duramax) what performance mods? Any "moar low" plans?
      Hey- Yeah I have some plans in the works to lower it further. My rear axle is mere inches away from the frame as it is. I plan on c-notching the rear and removing all of the torsion bar suspension up front and adding coil overs in the place of the factory shocks after the stock shock mounts are strengthened up.

Performance wise there is quite a bit done. The factory variable vein turbo was removed and a Bullseye Power S475 (75MM) BatMoWheel charger was put in it's place. The transmission has been built to support 800+ HP with Suncoast internals and a Precision Industries triple disk billet torque converter. It has an Airdog fuel lift pump/filtration system on the frame and a larger Exergy CP3 pump under the hood to get it the fuel it needs. The transfer case was also strengthened internally and braced to the transmission to prevent damage from the torque when i launch it at the track.

Comment

Impressive!! What kind of power is that getting you so far? If you're going to notch the frame why not go ahead and put it on air. Not because thats the new "fad" but because when you Google it, you can''t find any on the ground or even just really low. I've always wanted to see a Crew Cab dually w/ Duramax LOW. But a Crew Cab standard bed will do

progress IS a slow process

Comment

I like it. A lot
          l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
          sigpic

Comment

I dig it. you dont see too many trucks that look mean and have the power to back up the look.

id like to see some videos.

and id like to see those step bars gone

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Those pics are huge.

From what I can see, the turbo setup looks gnarly. How come it has an open source though? (lower left corner)

Comment

Working...
              X