X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
    Love the cluster!

- Renato
    Thanks! It's my favorite thing in the car, honestly.

@cmdshft
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T Silverstone
    Air Lift 3P / Eurocustoms Stg 2 K03s

Comment

That emt sticker could get you screwed by a litigious person claiming that you have a duty to act, and negligence and all of that nonsense, even if it's not state law.

What company do you work for?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
        That emt sticker could get you screwed by a litigious person claiming that you have a duty to act, and negligence and all of that nonsense, even if it's not state law.

What company do you work for?
        There is no duty to act where I live and they are more for "curtesy" reasons than anything else. Plenty of people run tags and stickers where I am from without issue.

I work for a hospital and a private medical company. For my own privacy reasons, I'm not going to state the exact names.

====================

As an update, I found the cause of the remaining leaking fluid. The valve cover gasket was leaking oil down the driver side of the head by the VVT solenoid to the turbo and then dripping onto the axel and ground. Replaced the gasket and the leaking stopped.

@cmdshft

Comment

Originally posted by cmdshft View Post
          There is no duty to act where I live and they are more for "curtesy" reasons than anything else. Plenty of people run tags and stickers where I am from without issue.

I work for a hospital and a private medical company. For my own privacy reasons, I'm not going to state the exact names.
          It's all good, here in Cali there is no duty to act law either, but if you roll up on a scene and they find out you're in the medical field(sticker, shirt, uniform) and you don't do anything they can slap you with a negligence lawsuit and some other BS. Just don't want you dealing with that shit. So you're with an IFT company?

Are any of your coworkers into cars? I know that at my station pretty much everyone has some sort of modified car or truck

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Nah, none of my coworkers are into our types of cars.

==========================

Recently had a code after doing the valve cover, said system too lean (add) and system too lean (multiplicative). Change the exhaust downpipe-turbo gasket and still had the issue.

Got the hood release cable repaired so yesterday I decided to take care of a few things, had a burned out headlight bulb, swapped out the city lights with new LEDs and removed my manual boost controller.

Inspecting the system for any weird things, I noticed that the plug I used when I installed the IE VTA catch can in the spot for the PCV puck had gone missing! I don't know where it went but thankfully it wasn't sucked to the turbo, it seems it somehow wiggled up and out of the intake hose. That explains why it was running lean.

I was able to put a new plug in with a taper on the top and secured it way tighter this time. Lean codes haven't come back.

Hopefully in the next few weeks before H2O I'll be able to get the damn coilovers!
            Last edited by cmdshft; 02-14-2017, 09:40 PM.

@cmdshft

Comment

Got up early af to head up to my friend's house to get a special thing done finally.

Here's my friend's 12v VRT on air hiding in the garage 😈:

Laid out the coilovers and broke out the beer! Bought FK Street coilovers because they were on sale cheaper than Racelands, looks like I win!

Rear perches are spun all the way down!

My buddy getting that ride height dialed in before installing.

Purdy.

Freaking managed to break the inner axel CV. Somehow we managed to pull the axel spline out of the cup, went to take the car for a test drive and realized the car wouldn't move. Could actually fully clutch out and not stall the motor, the differential spun but the axel didn't. That open-diff life ahsuhhhh...

After 9 hours of fighting this right cunt, it's together and it drives!

=================================

Overall, I am pleased with how it looks. The fronts could come down a bit more and I am pretty sure I want to take the rear perches out because they are spun all the way down and it's still a bit high. I'm planning on also doing some engine bay deletes. EVAP system still needs to come out (it's coded out of the system though) and I am going to be deleting the coolant ball and some lines plus the washer bottle and stuff. I need to figure out what I want to do with the wiring for those parts. Keeping the power steering bottle until I can figure out what to do with that as well so I can keep my power steering.

Also plan on ordering a new hood bra to cover up the god awful hood notch which I don't have time to fill before H2O.

@cmdshft

Comment

Really enjoy this. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks!

Here's a better shot of her as she sits currently:

The plan now is I am actually going to order a hybrid oil pan to bring it above the subframe and then spin down the fronts 2 inches and take out the rear perches, roll the front fenders and get some 15mm spacers in the backs.

@cmdshft

Comment

Deleted my evap system finally as well as my washer bottle to free up some room in this tight bay. Not sure if I want to delete the coolant ball and most of the coolant lines or not. I kind of like the idea of knowing how much coolant I actually have instead of guessing or waiting for leaks/overheating...

Also installed a hybrid oil pan today and changed the oil again... Waiting for Savage Chassis to come out with their 1.8T all steel pan so I don't have to worry at all ever again about hitting shit in the road... They emailed me and said they'd send me one to test out when they are ready, which will be awesome!

Sadly, I wasn't able to bring the car down lower today because I didn't get the spacer I needed. Totally forgot I needed them because the car drives fine on 30threads... when spun down, the perch hits the wheel. D'oh!

@cmdshft

Comment

nice work man !!
                      love the hybrid pan !!
                      just get rid of the rear perchs completely dude and then stiffen up the rear struts ( if possible ) and then if its still a bit too bouncy get some heavier springs for the back !!

looking good tho dude
                      Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

Originally posted by PassionGarage View Post
                        nice work man !!
                        love the hybrid pan !!
                        just get rid of the rear perchs completely dude and then stiffen up the rear struts ( if possible ) and then if its still a bit too bouncy get some heavier springs for the back !!

looking good tho dude
                        Thank you, I love the pan as well.

That's the plan. I'm ordering 10mm spacers for the fronts and 20mm's for the backs and the car will be pretty slammed. Hopefully not so much that I'm tapping the axel on the frame but hey, you ain't dubbin' if you ain't rubbin' somethin'.

Hood bra comes tomorrow. Hopefully it will look really nice on this car.

@cmdshft

Comment

Here's a couple of random shots from today.

Got my 10mm and 20mm spacers for the front/rear respectively today. Still no hood bra, hopefully will be here for reals tomorrow.

Had to go to Pennsylvania to get an evap code deleted from my tune. I friggin' love the roads out that way.

Random mall shot.

Random shot at work.

@cmdshft

Comment

And of course, the bra was delivered late as always. Never the less, it was a simple install. I think it looks great. However, since I don't have the notch filled, you can kind of still see that there is an empty spot where the notch is. I may take care of it before the drive to H2Oi.

@cmdshft

Comment

Lowered the GTI a bit more today. Forgot to add wheel specs that I currently have:

225/45/17x8 ET35
                              10mm in the fronts
                              20mm in the backs

I do wish to lower it a bit more, I am comfortable with how it sits right now but it wouldn't hurt to bring the gap closer down in the front. However, I feel like I may need 15mm spacers instead for the backs to clear comfortably without rubbing the tire to fuck all. Gonna try and trade them.

Here's a shitty pic for now, I'll take a better one tomorrow and post that with a side profile of the front and rears.

@cmdshft

Comment

Spent half the day adjusting everything down. Took the rear perches out and removed the 20mm spacers. I have 5 threads left on the front coils and about 1/2-3/4" between the passenger axel and the frame rail. That's pretty much my comfort level in regards to the axels.

I may take out the rubber top spring mounts in the rears and test some 10mm spacers on them to see how they tuck. If I can get the frame notched then I'll drop the coils completely.

@cmdshft

Comment

Working...
                                X