Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this mate!

Comment

• Car was hit 2 weeks ago while it was parked overnight. Found a shop willing to install a door and fender with paint for pretty cheap. Also picking up GLI skirts for the car which will also need to be painted. Hopefully by the end of the month it will be fixed.

Steering rack blew up on me as well. Took the opportunity to repair it as well as install my raised subframe and R32 suspension parts. Got the car to go to the ground, finally.

@cmdshft
      2003 VW GTI 1.8T Silverstone
      Air Lift 3P / Eurocustoms Stg 2 K03s

Comment

• Sucks about the accident, legit that you already gonna fix it and upgrade to GLi side skirts!
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Yeah man.. and on top of that, my cam chain tensioner bought the farm so I had to fix that. Wasn’t actually that terrible of a job to do. Just time consuming due to triple checking timing again.

@cmdshft

Comment

• I just read your whole thread. Please continue, was a pleasant read.
            Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
            Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• So I was hoping that my timing chain tensioner was the fix to my weird startup issues but... it wasn't. Since I wasn't getting any codes now with the start-stalls (and I know it's not the immo because it's been defeated in the ECU), the only logical thing I could think of was a lack of fuel pressure.

I had installed the DW65v from 2 years ago and I figured it's possible either the OE surge tank opened up or the pump was failing. It as sporadic; would do it only sometimes and was not able to be replicated. I figured if it was anything else, i'd likely be able to replicate it and/or have a code.

I ordered a replacement DW65v and someone on the BATMK4S facebook page said that the pumps supported E85 now. I remember that when I bought my DW65v, it actually did not support E85.

The new pump came and to my surprise, the numbers on the pump were different, as was the part number on the box.

Old pump to the left, new to the right.

Installing the pump was easy.

What wasn't easy was attempting to replace the fuel filter. The "OUT" port of the filter had rusted and gotten stuck inside the plastic fuel line connector and no matter how hard I tried, I was unable to disconnect it. I had to resort to cutting the port off the filter and prying out the rest of the port from the connector also ripped out the o-ring and the plastic inside.

Needless to say, I needed to improvise. So I went to Napa near me and picked up 10 feet of 5/16" fuel hose and removed the OEM stuff. I ran the new line from the fuel rail down along the inner-outside of the frame rail with some t-clamps and connected the other end to the filter with a hose clamp. It runs but I can't beat on the car because the hose is only rated for 50psi max. I ordered a Gates 5/16" 255psi fuel hose off of Amazon to install in a few days. Hopefully my rough starting issue is resolved. I'll be keeping an obvious eye on it for the next week. I'll consider if fixed if it doesn't act up again in that time.

@cmdshft

Comment

• it was good read though looking for ward to see more of it
                Last edited by Celestine; 01-09-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• If I can suggest getting a short shifter, it makes a really good job out of them.

Comment

• Welp, the 550cc injectors are working a treat, the car now fires up every time without issue.

Here are two pictures of one of the new injectors installed. No need for spacers, they fit perfectly and they come with EV1 to EV14 adapters.

However, the night when I got reflashed... I went to go test drive the car... and I couldn't get into gear. I had the car towed to a friend's shop and found this...

A used 6-puck went in the other day with the reinforced fork and it's working great. Gonna take some getting used to as it's a very quick engagement clutch.
                    Last edited by cmdshft; 10-28-2018, 11:20 AM.

@cmdshft

Comment

• Wow. That's a wonderful surprise.

Comment

• Retros look good.
                        Not really feeling the color of the wheels.
                        Also Should shave your sidemarkers/have the rub strip painted while your getting all the other stuff done

Comment

• Originally posted by slurms mckenzie View Post
                          Retros look good.
                          Yeah, Mike at VXT knocked them out of the park. No complaints.

Originally posted by slurms mckenzie View Post
                          Not really feeling the color of the wheels.
                          I love them but I am kinda tired of them as well. They need to be refinished, mounting new tires and getting a flat has messed them up a bit.

Originally posted by slurms mckenzie View Post
                          Also Should shave your sidemarkers/have the rub strip painted while your getting all the other stuff done
                          I am not touching the bumper because my plan is to eventually swap to an R32 bumper.

@cmdshft

Comment

Working...
                          X