Thread: camber or toe?

Default camber or toe?

my e30 has developed excessive natural negative camber from lowering and i have installed a subframe riser kit and a weld in camber/toe correction kit.

i adjusted to correct the most amount of camber and i still have quite a bit.

always have been told that camber does not eat tires but that toe does.

does this look like wear from toe or camber? i had the tires flipped on the wheels and yes these used to be on the rear.

as far as i knew, with the bmw e30 trailing arms, the lower you go the more toe in you get.(or maybe its the other way around) pretty sure i adjusted the toe the max i could in the opposite direction to help negate any extra wear.

if this looks like toe wear- then would you think its from toe in or out? if its just from camber then i guess ill have to deal with it.

i have never aligned the car since i have new front control arms and tie-rods plus camber plates that will be installed and i want to wait to go to a shop till i have all them installed.

in the picture you can see the rear, but i have since raised the rear ride height because of the excessive wear till i can figure out what is what. thanks for any input
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop??

that is toe wear hands down. probably way too much toe out.

thanks man, ill adjust as needed.

kinda tricky and almost impossible to loosen the nut on the eccentric cam to adjust toe with the sub-frame raised. eventually may need to make an access door under the rear seat.
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop??