Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will keep that in mind!

Comment

I use Autoglym Metal Polish every second carwash.. takes some brake dust etc dirt off them..
      Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
      Now: MB W211 320cdi
      Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

After cleaning my wheels I add a little wheel wax or carnuba wax to the wheels to keep them clean.

Comment

oh and another tip my friend fucked up the lips on his Works when the carwash dude left degreaser on them. Stains the shit out of raw metal

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
            oh and another tip my friend fucked up the lips on his Works when the carwash dude left degreaser on them. Stains the shit out of raw metal
            Yea.... that was a BIG no no...

Brandon, you could've just called me

I would apply a synthetic sealant before I assemble the lips. Good protection for around 6 months. Me being the meticulous detailer I am, I'd probably disassemble them every 6 months and reapply. You can reapply while assembled, but getting it around the bolts is a bit difficult to do...

Q-tips are your friend :]

to clean: P12S wheel gel with your washes. It clings to areas between the bolts since it is a gel and not a liquid, really nice and easy to use.

Get a toothbrush and scrub between bolts for extra "squeaky-clean-ness"

Meguiars mag aluminum polish works well too! Now that you have that damn PC, throw on a 3.5 inch backing plate, 4 inch Lake country spot buff ccs pad, spread some mag aluminum polish on that beezy, and go to town

If I see your style 5's dirty at any point, I will be a VERY sad panda

<3

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Detailing Dough --> College dues. Which leaves $____ for e36. D'oh.

Comment

Originally posted by VIPME View Post
              what kind of quick detailer do you use>?

I keep my wheels pretty fresh all the time...to avoid dust...

but was thinking of using like a mothers once in a while....

just curious on the detailer..
              just meguiers quick detailer, the one in the red bottle. works perfectly for keeping them fresh.

Comment

I found this little guide,,,check it out

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

i got secrets up my sleeve.

300 grit. go around the lip, then sand down into where the face of the wheel is, then sand in an x pattern then around the lip again.

repeat this step with 500, 600, 800, 1000, wetsand 1200, 1500, 2000 and 2500 if you can get it.

get a rubbing compound i used a turtle wax rubbing compund. its in a white container. smear it on then rub it into the metal then clean it off.

use a ryobi drill attachment thing. there are 3 different compunds in it go from light to dark. instructions are on the back of the package.

use a blue magic metal polish (dont smell it it will make your head burn) and done! your lips are polished.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    Sand the piss out of them, then polish the fuck out of em. Then they will be piss and fuckless

That's good stuff.

Comment

Have any of ya'll tryed this stuff?

Aluminum Wheel Polish, Chrome Polish, Sealer, Stainless, Fiberglass, Lexan, Magnesium, Brass, Copper. Remove surface Rust from Chrome, Stainless,& Bluing. Easier to use, than Mothers, Zephyr Pro40.

I used it w/ steel wool on my chrome window trim that was stained and faded to a white haze and it did a great job of polishing it back out like new. Everything else I used couldn't touch it but this stuff did the job. It holds up well, been about a year now. I'll reapply it with a rag every so often and the shine gets better each time.

Comment

Working...
                      X