Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it, love it, and love it!

Comment

I'm more in that Bill clinton and Monica Lewinsky's mouth.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck.holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck.holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck.holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck.holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck.holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck. holy fuck.

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

truth on that E36 talk

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post

Go get him Bas!
          he most possibly doesn´t think about cars like bas´s...more like E36 320i, M-Bumpers, Styl. 5s, OZ Futuras. There are like 10000000 of those.
          They were the main reason for me to get a Japanese Car too.

OP: really like what you´re doing. excited to see some proper japanese styling coming to germany.
          Last edited by MadMax; 03-17-2016, 02:41 AM.

Comment

subbed.
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Sehr geil!
              Das kann ja was werden

Comment

Don't **** me because I drive an Audi.
                I'm excited to see what this thread turns into.

What video game company do you work for?

My Instagram feed.
                My Flickr stream.
                My bagged B5 build thread.

Classic Joyce Photo

Comment

Genuinely appreciate the love.

I fear I might have come across a bit too.. criticising, lol

Fact is the SW crowd is some of the most respectful people around, I appreciate that and that's why I'm here. I'm just saying the Germans are the same way obsessed with their German cars like the Aussies and Kiwis rather make horsepower (or should I say kilowatts) than stancing their car and the same way the Brits like Rota wheels, hahah.

I'm really kidding mostly and it's all in good spirits, do not ever be offended by any bs I write. I appreciate good work regardless of origin, location, make and whatever the fuck else you can come up with!

And I've said it before, just because I like Japanese cars it does not mean I like all these JDMy0 shitcans, 99% of all proclaimed 'stanced' Japanese cars in Germany suck the donkey's balls. Calling your double-middlefinger-smiley-sticker'd Suzuki Swift JDM? Gitthefuckout.

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                  Mind explaining what the grade system is? Not heard of it before
                  The grading system is used at Japanese car auctions to describe the overall condition of a car.

5 is incredibly hard to get and must be near perfect condition
                  4.5 is very good condition
                  4 is good condition
                  3.5 medium to good condition
                  3 medium condition
                  2 bad condition

There is a couple more like R for an accident repaired car but then unfortunately does not describe the rest of it as well as I think 6 which is reserved for essentially new cars - along those lines anyway.

Originally posted by alexandermjoyce View Post
                  What video game company do you work for?
                  Blizzard!

Anyway, in order to make this not too boring until May/June I'll try to go into detail with our plans as well as what each step will involve (and where on the Internet I've learned about it lol (you wouldn't believe the amount of shit I got off youtube)).

But for now only a video of my R34 just before it was getting loaded into a container so you can see what I'm starting with.

Also btw, I love Bas and Bas loves me.

Comment

Please keep this thread current, nothing worse than a great opening, exceptional plans and then minimal to no updates. It's like blue balls and nobody likes blue balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                    and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                    S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Your article on WW is actually really great. Nice pics and great story. I think I'll might go to Japan once and do the same. So inspiring...
                      Lucas
                      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                      Originally posted by LCG
                      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by h3llk1t3 View Post

... Calling your double-middlefinger-smiley-sticker'd Suzuki Swift JDM? Gitthefuckout....
                        Are we gettin' personal here? No serious, I don't have a sticker like that and I don't call my Swift JDM... But my '86 swift is 100% genuine Japanese! Same goes for the wheels that will go under that car!

Also the first post in my build thread quotes:
                        Everybody’s doing bmw’s, honda’s, audi’s.. but stuborn me is going for an old swift.
                        Old project: Suzuki Swift mk1 GTi carbs '86
                        New Project: Porsche 944 S '87
                        Follow me: Whiteknuckleride
                        My band on Spotify: Edison Road

Comment

I completely agree... the insane amount of BMWs that are just slightly lowered with different BMW parts is getting really really old. I fkn love your R32 and I'm already in love with your plans for the next yotas

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                            Your article on WW is actually really great. Nice pics and great story. I think I'll might go to Japan once and do the same. So inspiring...
                            Thanks bro, appreciate it. There is nothing I can recommend more doing!

Today, I’ve got for you a tiny update, a dilemma and a history lesson - which is also a dilemma in fact.

At this point you must be thinking things like “Third ‘update’ without even having a car yet?”, “Wtf!” or “Douchebag.”. Well, the fuck can I say? I’m bored. Stick around, you might learn a thing or two!

Unfortunately, truth be told, all I’m doing for the moment is drive around my 32 and obsess over what I’ma do to the new cars.

Anyway, let's go from back to front, starting with the history lesson which is a result of me being annoyed to shit. I'm looking for a nice air suspension for the 34 and is the reason why this comes up.

It revolves around the company "D2" and their logo.

There are 2 cases in which you're unlikely to know any of this: 1. You're born after 1990. And 2. You're not German. If you knew afterall go pat yourself on the back after reading.

I'm sure you have seen pictures of oldschool DTM mercs like this one before:

But did you know this D2 logo has literally nothing to do with the company that calls itself D2 today?

Back in the days when you've seen the big ass D2 logo on cars like in the DTM they were referring to a mobile telephone network provider. It was founded in 1990 and was the second mobile network in Germany - hence the "2" following the "D" for, I pressume, ‘Deutschland’. In 1999 it was acquired by Vodafone and subsequently renamed.

Yet you still see the logo from time to time on cars still, not because they're from that era, but because there is a company in Taiwan that calls themselves D2 as well.

This D2 based in Taiwan was founded supposedly in 1996 and is using the very same logo today. On cars, products as well as their website.

This D2 is essentially trying to profit from a logo of a company that ceased to exist and was used originally in a renown touring car series in the 90's.

The issue I have is that it works. When an american kid goes on youtube and watches an old DTM clip and sees a car with a big D2 logo on it, he may automatically think "Hey shit, D2 parts been used already back then, they must be fkn awesome!" … Yeahno.

And in order to have you never look at the logo the same way again and share my suffering, I'll let you in on a little secret if you haven't figured it out by now: The red part of that logo is supposed to be a freakin' telephone handset.

That's right, the company that makes all kinds of car parts for your ride is using the logo of a goddamn telephone company. You're welcome - once more.

A fucking handset...

All that said, it does not necessarily mean they make bad products, there is plenty of split opinions about their products.

Tom and I had D2 coilovers once, back when we had the 350Z. Tom slapped 'em on and drove it for a day... and uninstalled 'em the following day and sold 'em off. They were utter dog.

Certainly because we've had a bad experience with their coilovers it doesn't mean all their products will be bad. Because it is of interest to me, let's look at their air suspension.

While I don't fancy their air management system it seems that their struts seem to be doing the job. As I'm sure you knew not only D2 uses their specific struts but also K-Sport as well as TWR.
                            These 3 are all virtually identical as they're built in the same factory, only the colour schemes are different depending on the brand name that is slapped onto them.

The interesting thing here is that TWR = Accuair. Accuair uses TWR struts in about every modern car application from what I know, which must mean something, I guess. Issue is the 34 kit has been taken out of their online catalogue sadly.

And looking into what Airlift has to offer - they've never built a 34 kit in the first place. I wonder what it would take to convince Airlift to build a kit for it; unfortunately I reckon due to no market for it in the States (thanks 25 years import law) will mean that ain't gonna happen.

Any input from air suspension superstars is welcome at this point.

Moving on to the other dilemma.

The reason for about every sleepless night currently is the how I wanna build the intersection between bonnet/hood and front bumper.

This is where I'd like some opinions!

Left or right?

Here’s what I’m thinking:

Left, standard GTT bonnet, normally they look awful in combination with most bumpers, this combo however appears to be decent, just not fully convinced if the GTR look ain't the way to go though.

Right, standard GTR bonnet, while great looking, the parts just to get that look cost another grand. Bonnet, hinges and latch catch. I guess I could build some adapters and just go for a GTR bonnet, but stock ones are becoming rather expensive now and the aftermarket ones are mostly Z-Tune style which I don't exactly want.

An alternative is cutting off the lip on the standard GTT bumper. I have seen a couple people attempting it but never finishing it, so I ain't sure.
                            A guy that ran a build thread over at driftworks tried it but ditched the cut up bonnet for not lining up perfectly.

I reckon it can be done but certainly would be some work. I never liked the massive gap on stock GTRs between the bumper and bonnet so I might as well try.

Whaddya think?

Now to the actual update part; we’ve received a video of the 81 before it was being loaded into the container!

Needless to say we’re over the moon with this ride but we’ll definitely have our work cut out with that car. The paint is in rather rough condition, rear bumper cracked and we gonna black out the entire interior. Can’t wait to get started.

Told you the actual update part was gonna be tiny lol

Comment

interesting read, yet again
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

That chaser in that colorway is what my dreams are made of.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                                I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Working...
                                X