No announcement yet.

Offset ain't everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a fantastic story! i love what you guys are doing, very handy with everything :-O and funny too :-) like it was tuesday.

IG: @fuxxo_works_garage
    YT: TheFuxxoWorksGarage

my build thread: E63 650i Airride
    my build thread: E34 520i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by h3llk1t3 View Post
      Good God...
      Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

I jizzed....

Comment

Woow

Comment

Damn....

Comment

oof mami! those look killer

Comment

Picture update.

Finally taken out my camera again, gotten a few good shots out of it.

This is how it currently looks, next set of changes are around the corner and will be coming to you with a tad more technical update!

Comment

Just looks so good
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

did your own bodywork and literally made your own wheels?

this thing looks incredible.

Comment

• That looks absolutely amazing!

Comment

• Sick build, but I prefer meattier tyres. Don't know, it just fits style of the car better.

Comment

• They did well to stretch those on there. I have the same tyres in 20" barely stretched at all (295/30 on an 11" and 265/30 on a 10") and it still looked like a tight/tough fit.

Not driven on mine yet, you like the tyres?

Comment

• Wheels look too small.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayce View Post
                              They did well to stretch those on there. I have the same tyres in 20" barely stretched at all (295/30 on an 11" and 265/30 on a 10") and it still looked like a tight/tough fit.

Not driven on mine yet, you like the tyres?
                              Wasn't too tough I reckon, my shop has done it with ease. And yes, the PS4s are hands down best in class and feel great.

Nontheless, let's have a tiny update; I'll work on another one later today.

Last time I forgot to mention that after all the shit I've gone through with fitting the JDL bonnet, I decided to do what every sensible person would do - ditching it. Bought a new one that is fitting perfectly instead from a dude in germany that is building this kinda stuff for time attack cars all over the world apparently.

The new one fit so well I really had very little work to do.

I only added all around the edged some polyester in order to make everything line up perfectly.

And I also noticed my bonnet latch catch was chipping the glassfiber, again what would any sensible people do? Cut up a beer can and stick it to the fkn bonnet.

Fixated it and made it all flush with more polyester; spectacular, I know.

Either way, a lick of paint later I was a happy man. Luckily this bonnet can also be used in the rain because unlike the other one it has a water drainage built in.

More later.

Comment

• Alright, proper update.

Let's talk suspension, again. Ages ago I mentioned I wanted to run an air suspension system in my R34 so I can basically drive to work with it, the Mount Everest speedbumps at the end of my road and the ramp goin into the work carpark do not allow me to drive anything else than offroad height.

So, Accuair was no longer offering TWR struts for the R34, but they suddenly came out with that wonderful Endo tank that would have a compressor built-in in order to save space and reduce noise levels. I just had to have it.

Here was the thing - I do not want height sensors, I wanted a pressure based system. I want a static spring rate when I adjust the pressure and don't want it to jump all over the place while driving a certain way. As most of you may know, Accuair does not offer anything pressure based.

So I went looking at Airlift, they have been having pressure based systems for a long time and their newest is the 3P system. Unfortunately Airlift was also not offering any struts for the R34.

At this point I was a bit disheartened, but I've gone back and done some more research and came up with the ultimate plan.

I went on and purchased the Endo CT from Accuair which is the tank with the compressor inside, and I opted to pair it with Airlift's 3P management system. I really wanted to best of both worlds.

You may wonder now what about the struts though?

I simply decided to convert my Blitz coilovers.

Turns out that there really is not much more to it than simply changing the regular spring on the coilover for an air spring.
                                Generally, any modern air strut is nothing else than a regular coilover strut with an air spring on it.

I proceeded searching for manufacturers of these air springs and I ended up with finding suppliers for companies like OCD, Airtekk, but also the big ones like Airlift afaik.

I went on and ordered a double bellow for the fronts and a sleeve type for the rears.

All there is to do, you have to measure the diameter of the top of your shaft, of your coilover that is; as well as the thread on the housing of the strut.
                                When you got those measurements you can basically convert your struts for less than 1/5 of the cost of buying new struts with air springs preinstalled.

Lemme show you how that went for me, let's start with the fronts.

This is one of the front bags, next to my Blitz coilover.

As you can see on top there is a small hole that is exactly the size of the top of the shaft.

On the bottom you can see the thread that has to be the same as the one on the housing of your strut. You can also see 2 o-rings built in that will press against the housing and form an air tight seal.

After disassembly it's all just a matter of lubing shit up, especially the o-rings and put it back together minus the original spring, the bump stops and those foreskin thingies that go over the bump stops.

Also, you cannot forget the oring on top. That one aint built in but the bag has a recess on the inside for it to also make it air tight.

Just pop it back in and voila, air strut done; good tip is also to not make it too low right away.

That's the front, let's have a look at the rears that are literally the same process only with a bag that is formed slightly different.

At that point it was just really down to installing the rest of the system. Luckily a good mate of mine installs these systems for a living and popped over for the weekend and we gone at it. I don't have many pics of the install, only a shot of the Endo in the boot which has not been reassembled yet, but instead I'm gonna show you my buddy's car which is bagged as well and you might recognize the wheels!

OK fine here's the Endo and the 3P for proof purposes.

So there you go, Airlift 3P management with an Accuair Endo CT on Blitz air struts. World first?

Here, have some shitty mobile shots with IG filters until I'm getting proper pics done.

Oh and I also got a short vid to show how fucking high that thing goes now. Disregard the dust.

Last edited by h3llk1t3; 07-05-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X